• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Neighbor terrorizes me despite protection order

smead

Not Active
I suffer C-PTSD., my neighbor knows this and finds it entertaining to push my PTSD trigger button daily. I've put up with this for years but my self control is gone, I'm terrified to loose control. He escalated things by violating federal law placing things in my mailbox and hiding in darkness to attack. I was granted protection order but it turns out to be useless because police chief said he won't enforce the order. He disagrees with description of stalking & harassment and as long as he's on his property he can threaten my life and chief said he won't do shit. Protection order states to stay away from me, my home, anyone at my home & not to annoy me, he violates it daily.
I'm beside myself.....this guy terrorized me and I have no recourse. One day....I'm not going to be in goid place, maybe having flash back he starts his shit.....I'm gonna lose it.

Anyone have advise? I've went to state police & prosecutor.....he can be raping me or stabbing me....as long he's on his property...no prosecution.

Anyone have advise? I've went to state police & prosecutor.....he can be raping me or stabbing me....as long he's on his property...no prosecution.
Sorry! Sounds terribly stressful 😣 How can you block him from seeing you? I’ve seen pictures of neighbors putting up huge walls.

Also how can you develop your coping skills for managing your reactions? Do you see a therapist? I’m not saying he’s not wrong just that your own reactions are a big part of your suffering.

Also, can you talk to other neighbors and get their input?

I went thru a lil hell with my old neighbors. Had to move bc dr said so. Might have a heart attack.

They knew details of my trauma and used it against me and I started having seizures.

They were found guilty of harassment in court.

with you, gotta take care of you. 💗

Sorry! Sounds terribly stressful 😣 How can you block him from seeing you? I’ve seen pictures of neighbors putting up huge walls.

Also how can you develop your coping skills for managing your reactions? Do you see a therapist? I’m not saying he’s not wrong just that your own reactions are a big part of your suffering.

I agree I let him get to me yes, I do see 2 docs & take 5 meds...when house calm...I'm mostly calm as long no flashbacks...but his entertainment is come up to my windows and tell me through window all the scrap he's gonna do to me ...and I better not call cops or the pain will be 10 times worse!! Try listening to that daily for year's...its mental terrorisim

I agree I let him get to me yes, I do see 2 docs & take 5 meds...when house calm...I'm mostly calm as long no flashbacks...but his entertainment is come up to my windows and tell me through window all the scrap he's gonna do to me ...and I better not call cops or the pain will be 10 times worse!! Try listening to that daily for year's...its mental terrorisim
PS: I have all windows closed & blacked out, I can't leave my hone, I can't open windows, I have to hire someone to do lawn, grocery shop for me.....I'm prisoner in my home

Put cameras with audio up on your house. Add lights with motion sensors and this should deter the harrassment as you will have hard proof. If the police and the prosecutors office don't cooperate, find out who their next opponent is for the next election and let them know you'll share their inaction and ineptness with the individual. People in elected positions are real conscious of their public perception and have the proof to damage it can turn heads and make them remove them from their ass.

I went thru a lil hell with my old neighbors. Had to move bc dr said so. Might have a heart attack.

They knew details of my trauma and used it against me and I started having seizures.

They were found guilty of harassment in court.

with you, gotta take care of you. 💗

Put cameras with audio up on your house. Add lights with motion sensors and this should deter the harrassment as you will have hard proof. If the police and the prosecutors office don't cooperate, find out who their next opponent is for the next election and let them know you'll share their inaction and ineptness with the individual. People in elected positions are real conscious of their public perception and have the proof to damage it can turn heads and make them remove them from their ass.
I put cameras and lights up but had to take down...he enjoyed going camera to camera, setting them off and telling me what he's gonna do to me. He would do this for hours. I turned videos over to cops & prosecutor to again hear they will not arrest nor.prosecute because he's on his property threatening me.

I didn't ask other neighbors, they made it clear they want nothing to do with it to keep him from harassing them.
He has several lifetime bans from stores, several lifetime protection orders and been kicked out and trespassed from almost every church in town.

Back