• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Here, Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.C.

Learning
I love reading and learning new things. I love music. I love the feeling of my life going somewhere good. I love when my brain is working. Also embrace learning how to heal it when it's not. Sometimes reading is so difficult and the same with writing. It never was before the multiple sexual assault traumas.

It is so very hard to find a therapist for CBT one who has enough experience, and is qualified to deal with me. I had to give up on counseling for awhile. I just didn't have it in me to go through another counselor who was trying to tell me I need EMDR. I have not been in several years. So glad I have gut feelings and know when to tune in to what keeps me safe.

I do not have combat PTSD. I have never been in the military. I have many concerns about sharing with people in my regular life that I have PTSD. I just realized that it will never go away. It is something that I dedicate my life to learning to further improve my condition.

I did go through a mourning period. A mourning the loss of my brain before PTSD became so severe. Back when I had a very successful career and happy life. The loss of the brain I knew is not something that just fades. I do all I can do to heal it and think positive.

I am struggling, this is so hard. I am glad I found this forum.

Cheers to the existence of this site and the people who post and read here.

Hello J.C. :peekaboo:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I hope you will find this place supportive, informative and comforting. You are not alone. I look forward to hearing more from you, and getting to know you better. :)

Welcome! I find your willpower extraordinary and inspiring. Even though it's hard to look back and sort through things that hurt us, it is meant to help us lead that life we yearn for and deserve. I hope you find what you need on this forum.
Take care.

:wave: Welcome JC,

I look forward to reading your future posts. You sound strong, determined, insightful and optimistic with a lot of intelligence thrown in!

Hello J C and welcome to the SSA forum!

I really like your choice of avatar. It says a lot about you, I think.
Hope you find the support and care you need while here working on your trauma.

Thank you to each of you who replied. Also, for the surprising compliments. I feel and trust that I can take them to heart without hesitation. Such a kind welcome here. :angel:

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back