• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Paranoia and ptsd

Thread starter #13
I'm quite paranoid at the moment. My flashbacks and memories seem to be feeding it. The abuse and humiliation that I received whilst dissociating at college and elsewhere by people I find really upsetting. It destroys any sense of Ego and self esteem, I've been like this for years. I want to be well and confident so badly. That's as much as I can write right now because I can't concentrate.

Thread starter #14
I think stress and fear really harms the brain when your young. I was constantly in a state of fear and paranoia when I was a child because of my dad and his terrifying violent behaviour. It changed me longterm. I've never really recovered from it and it's affected me all through life. I used to fantasize about killing my dad. I know that's a extreme thing to say but that's how terrible the situation was. As a child I had to call the police several times and he should have gone to prison or been sectioned in hospital.

Thread starter #16
Sitting with you @Survivor3 . I can relate. I'm just here, breathing and empathizing, with you.

Hope the shitty feelings subside and you can find some soothing and comforting.

I've had a lot of paranoia to deal with and was a very frightened child, too.
It sux, what you went through.

I hope you are feeling better! Hugs.
Hi @mumstheword, thanks for your empathy, understanding and kind words..😊

My dad was emotionally abusive, though he did hit me now and then during my growing up years. I will Always be weary of all men due to that, not to mention that my father's father molested and abused me. It's been a long haul with years of therapy to at least deal with life.

Thread starter #19
My dad was emotionally abusive, though he did hit me now and then during my growing up years. I will Always be weary of all men due to that, not to mention that my father's father molested and abused me. It's been a long haul with years of therapy to at least deal with life.
that's terrible, I'm sorry that you experienced that. 😣

Top Bottom