Poll PART 1 +PTSD : What Comorbid Disorders Do You Have? (1-10)

First 10 of 20 Categories / What Comorbid Disorders Do You Have?

• Bipolar and Related Disorders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elimination Disorders

• Medication-Induced Movement Disorders and Other Adverse Effects of Medication

• Total voters

Friday

I think the last time we did this the DSMIV was still a thing… so it’s time & past to update!

For ease in viewing, I’m listing the 20 overarching categories in the DSM5
(10 in this poll, 10 in the next)

Select which category your disorder(s) are in, and then post your specific disorder in thread, if you so choose! If you don’t know WHICH category your disorder is in, or are just curious? This is a link to the entire table of contents of the DSM5. You’ll see an example of PTSD (a trauma & stressor related disorder, #20 alphabetically) exampled below.

1. Anxiety Disorders
  2. Bipolar and Related Disorders
  3. Depressive Disorders
  4. Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
  5. Dissociative Disorders
  6. Elimination Disorders
  7. Feeding and Eating Disorders
  8. Gender Dysphoria
  9. Medication-Induced Movement Disorders and Other Adverse Effects of Medication
  10. Neurocognitive Disorders
  11. Neurodevelopmental Disorders
  12. Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
  13. Paraphilic Disorders
  14. Personality Disorders
  15. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
  16. Sexual Dysfunctions
  17. Sleep-Wake Disorders
  18. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
  19. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
  20. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders

Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Disinhibited Social Engagement Disorder
⭐️ Post-traumatic Stress Disorder ⭐Hey! That’s US!!! 🤩
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Adjustment Disorders
- Other Specified Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorder Unspecified Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorder

Last edited:
Had no idea you are diagnosed with anorexia? I knew you had eating "issues" as does J.
Yep yep!

Technically I have:

- Trauma Related Eating/Food/Body Issues in spades
- PTSD Related Eating/Food Issues
- Anorexia x 2 subtypes (female athlete triad, and the eye-disorder masquerading as an eating disorder “I don’t see myself as I truly am” 👀 thing.)

It’s one of those things that both makes dealing with PTSD stuff easier (because I have this constant yet extremely variable thing in my life… PTSD Can STFU for yeeeeeears, when one is lucky… but my ADHD & ED require constant improvisation/adaptation 24/7/365) -as well as- harder, because everything makes PTSD harder! 🤣

Last edited:
So far the consensus seems to be PTSD, TBI (acquired) SZPD, OCD (???) GID and ADHD-HI (congenital). As a kid I was diagnosed with RAD-Inhibited, which has now been split into RAD (the inhibited version) and DSED (the disinhibited version). RAD is acquired as well, but I think that it is probably more on the level of a personality disorder, which is that there is a genetic component to it. It's just too pervasive and very cognitively f*cked up for it to solely be a TSD. I've also been diagnosed with NVLD (now ASD) and DDNOS (now OSDD?), but those were incorrect.

I've got ptsd, adhd, and anorexia.
ETA: Oh, I guess there's the mdd as well. But it's been a while since I've had a legit depressive episode. The anorexia has also been in remission for a while (or whatever it is that EDs do when they're not active, lol).

Back