• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quote Of The Day

"Do not assume that he who seeks to comfort you now lives untroubled among the simple and quiet words that sometimes do you good. His life may also have much sadness and difficulty that remains far beyond yours. Were it otherwise, he would never have been able to find these words." ~Rainer Maria Rilke
Beautiful.

"I find it amusing that we're all pretending to be normal when we could be insanely interesting instead."
– Atlas

I love that quote @shatter eyes . ? I sure wish I could regain all that energetic currency (current-see) I spent on trying to be normal back in the day. Cha-ching!

"People be like...Ya know I could use this land to grow food & eat the food...But let me trap some animals...Manipulate them genetically...Feed, water & house them...To eat them...Yehhh...Or let's create tools of killing to do things to animals that we aren't equipped to do...Instead of just eating the plants we see the animals eating when they aren't forced into abnormal living where 96% of the world's nature has been destroyed." ~Tao Lore

“Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods”

~ Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome

"Many of us resist transition because we fear the journey found in the liminal space, where there is no clear direction forward. But in order to arrive at a new beginning that has any real meaning, we must go through it. Much like the chrysalis of a butterfly or the gestational period of a fetus in the womb, the liminal stage is marked by a period of waiting in the dark." ~Kristen Roderick

“I smile. No plan can take everything into account. Other people will raise their heads, others will desert. Time will go on spreading victory and defeat among those who pursue the struggle.
I sip with satisfaction. We deserve the warmth of baths. May the days be aimless.
Do not advance the action according to a plan.”
― Luther Blissett, Q

"In truth, there is not ‘us’ and ‘them’. Us is them. Them is us. We are That. All is That. That is all." ~Mooji

"Under the present brutal and primitive conditions on this planet, every person you meet should be regarded as one of the walking wounded. We have never seen a man or woman not slightly deranged by either anxiety or grief. We have never seen a totally sane human being." ~Robert Anton Wilson

Back