• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Trust Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_webb

New Here
I suffer from PTSD due to my previous relationship. Im in a new relationship now but am suffering greatly mentally with depression, anxiety, paranoia, stress, ptsd, ocd and have often had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of self harming and after therapy for my depression all of my sadness turned into extreme anger. I have been struggling especially since im also currently pushing through some major school years/exams.
I am lucky enough that my new boyfriend has been so supportive and has really been helping me get better.
Here's my problem...
I cant trust. I cant trust anyone. Like literally anyone. I keep to myself a lot, I've come here to put myself put there and ask for help.

I just need to know if anyone has any advice on rebuilding trust within myself for people around me. If there's anyone i can trust it's definitely my partner, and inside i feel like I know i trust him amd i know the commitment hw has to me but i just cant seem to convince myself it's true on my head.

Has anyone expe anything similar? Does anyone have any advice??

I suffer from PTSD due to my previous relationship. Im in a new relationship now but am suffering gr...

I had a very similar experience with my ex gf. She had huge trust issues. If you can't trust yourself ... you can not trust God... You can not trust others and you can not trust the process of life. Look from within and love yourself first. Try EMDR to help with trust issues.

I suffer from PTSD due to my previous relationship. Im in a new relationship now but am suffering gr...
Sounds to me like you are just early in your recovery period. A good recovery period takes several years, to get you in a stable condition in which you can live a better life.

If a relationship is attempted too soon, then a lot of the healing has not happened yet, which short changes the relationship.

Oh my gosh I feel you so much. I also have huge problems with trust. It's so hard to trust even my closest of friends who have gone through and helped me through a lot of shit. I know I should trust them but I can't get it in my head in order to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back