• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Requesting help for reframing my situation; Doomsday prepper husband.

This occurred after my last post. He said he had been wrong about his beliefs. He changed everything he has said. I was very leary not totally believing him. Then he said he was being sarcastic with me to get through to me. Of course I ended up in tears again. I was very hard on his beliefs. But it created so much fear in me I could hardly function or use critical thinking skills. I ended with thoughts that were about what is the use in living. I asked him give me one reason for living. He said the dogs and to stay by his side. This conversation was very difficult. Suddenly it all clicked in my brain and thought process. I told him buy all the weapons he needs. Keep watching trump and the news etc. Keep looking at guns. I will deal with my fears myself. The fear was he has been telling me exactly how shtf will happen and ways I could die. Who does this and why would they think they are right? Someone with trauma fear and need to conrrol an outcome they have no control over. I finished the dishes went for my walk came back bathed our dogs. The heart breaking part was he was calmer . He told me about good new series on Netflix and would zi want to watch with him? I said maybe another day. Of course earlier I told him zi did not feel safe his beliefs were not really the problem. It was the fear they created. I have had time to see this but at this time I needed his comfort. I was crying holding my dogs. I told him the only man I have ever truly loved was commuted to fighting a war. And he won. Look at the trump look at guns by an AR15.

Mod Note:
@Flying Dove - what direction are you hoping to take this conversation with the forum?

If it’s much the same as your previous threads on the same issue, I will merge this thread with your earlier threads.

If you aren’t looking for specific types of responses about a new issue, I will merge this thread with your trauma diary.

Fearmongering is a word that comes to mind if that helps

Also reminds me of my brother in law that has metal shrapnel in his skull from war in Iraq. - or my brother, a marine, gets focused on protecting the family IN CASE OF anything but my mom always made sure that fear was not leading the “survival advice” and a way I think she did that- which also helps me with my ptsd - is to try and focus on the now.

Hope it works out for you

Mod Note:
@Flying Dove - what direction are you hoping to take this conversation with the forum?

If it’s much the same as your previous threads on the same issue, I will merge this thread with your earlier threads.

If you aren’t looking for specific types of responses about a new issue, I will merge this thread with your trauma diary.
Thank you.

Yes this helps. He has had concussions and maybe mild TBIs related to his military service and childhood. He said he has these " visions"of the future since but will not stop. I had a craniotomyn10 years ago. I have mini plates and screws on my left temporal region. I of course have cognitive dissonance now about this marriage him and me.
Fearmongering is a word that comes to mind if that helps

Also reminds me of my brother in law that has metal shrapnel in his skull from war in Iraq. - or my brother, a marine, gets focused on protecting the family IN CASE OF anything but my mom always made sure that fear was not leading the “survival advice” and a way I think she did that- which also helps me with my ptsd - is to try and focus on the now.

Hope it works out for you

Back