• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Residential Living - CPTSD, GAD, Major Depressive, and OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed last September with a number of mental health issues. I have been in residential care at a hospital based in Wisconsin. My time there was transformative, I learned about the benefits of CBT and DBT (also art therapy). It was a safe place where I felt like I wasn’t alone. We cried and we supported on another. I didn’t feel the stigma that mental health issues = I’m a bad person. After Res - I learned that I’m not a bad person…. I’m a person that is committed to ending generational abuse!

Aloha!

How accurate do you feel those diagnoses are?
Hi Friday! Well, I know that it’s not uncommon to have differing opinions on diagnosis in general. I’m not thrilled with the idea of being placed in a box. However, it does provides a starting point to my therapy in each of those boxes. For instance, I was diagnosed with MDD. I thought the treatment team was way off. Two weeks into my treatment, I was floored to realize - dang I’m depressed. Being that I’m hamstrung with mistrust of just about everyone it was hard for me to believe what the psychiatrists and psychologist’s Dx’d me.

I think they are spot on.

Hi Friday! Well, I know that it’s not uncommon to have differing opinions on diagnosis in general. I’m not thrilled with the idea of being placed in a box. However, it does provides a starting point to my therapy in each of those boxes. For instance, I was diagnosed with MDD. I thought the treatment team was way off. Two weeks into my treatment, I was floored to realize - dang I’m depressed. Being that I’m hamstrung with mistrust of just about everyone it was hard for me to believe what the psychiatrists and psychologist’s Dx’d me.

I think they are spot on.
Awesome!

I ask, as there are quite a lot of us who are comorbid with misc. other disorders/conditions (I’m PTSD + ADHDc), so it’s super common… there are also clinicians who Dx every big symptom as a disorder in and of itself… and there are a lot of people who were misdiagnosed early on, before the trauma component became known, and don’t realize that later diagnoses supersede earlier diagnoses.

So I just wanted to touch base to see if you were doubling/tripling up on symptom sources (such a pain! >.<) For example? PTSD anxiety / General anxiety / OCD anxiety <<< and all 3 have different best ways of managing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back