• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Saying hello here - Long thought I had PTSD but just Dx’d last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here since 2015. Was diagnosed with PTSD back in '91. Have been working on myself most of my life. I do not remember signing up here. I got an email notification and thought ' hmm, what is this, sounds interesting and timely'. I have a lot of disassociation and apparently signed up and didn't know it. Been here ever since as I feel certain things don't happen by accident.

And yes, strangers seem to be more compassionate than family most of the time. Glad you had someone there for you when you needed them.

Hopefully you will make long lasting relationships here with some or many. There are a few here who have been around since the forum was started. Some don't stay, some don't leave. It's like real life except you are met with understanding and support.

Hope you get to tell someone someday you have been here 2021!!!

I've been here since 2015.

Hope you get to tell someone someday you have been here 2021!!!

So glad for you to have had this support for so long! I hope so as well. Other than being at work, there has never been a place I really felt comfortable at. Oddly enough even In my own home I rented for ten years. I asked my therapist why can't I even feel comfy in my own skin in my own home. Never got an answer from her because she dropped me like hotcakes when I said I was suicidal. She literally said "No you aren't, also you are cancelled, I won't be seeing you again." At any rate I will feel just as fulfilled in an online forum here over say, a public space like physical church service. :)

I'm sorry at your lowest, you were shown the door. But it speaks to your desire to heal what you can, that you are here and trying to find your way, find your voice, and allow others to support you thru the really hard times.

There is peace to be felt. There is healing, not without pain, but still, there will be healing. And self trust and 'fitting inside your own skin'.I use that term a lot here. To me, that means we aren't fractured and all the things stolen from us have been restored even stronger by the hard work we do. We trust ourselves. We take baby steps to heal. We learn that we matter in this world. We have a voice and use it. We have solid boundaries and uphold them. We become more than we ever imagined.

You won't be shown the door here.

And to let you know, we do laugh here too. Under 'Social', you will find things that make you smile, even laugh out loud sometimes. We are more than just work work work. One of my favorites is ' You know you have PTSD when.....'.

Hope you have found a safe place to lay your pain. We are listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back