• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Seeking Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie

New Here
Hi everyone. I am 34/f and I grew up in a very violent household. I have also been in multiple toxic and DV relationships. I have experiences of SA as well. I have a child and I don't want to repeat these patterns with him or let my issues interfere with me being the best mom I can be. I have many cooccurring conditions, but I often wonder if they aren't all symptoms of cptsd. I struggle with symptoms daily in one form or another, and I am tired of it dictating my life. I want to feel better and do better. I am seeking understanding and the ability to relate to others and connect on common ground. Hopefully I can also learn some things and grow some.

Welcome! Trying to be the best mom is such a great motivation. I come from a badly abusive background (is badly abusive redundant?) and my kids made such a gigantic difference in my life. For their protection, distanced myself from toxic family members. During my pregnancies I stopped my disordered eating to assure they would be healthy. I shielded them from my inner world of trauma and chaos...until I couldn't any more, but by that time they were grown and then I completely fell apart. So while you are being a wonderful parent being motivated by your equally wonderful child, give yourself some grace, practice some self care, and get your self help if you need it. If I could do one thing differently, I would have recognized earlier that I could be that good mom while getting help for me. 💜

hello beanie. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here but glad you are here.

i'm in my second parenting career with 3 kids, ages 9, 7 and 4. at the end of the day, i'm still working with my best guesses on how to do this parenting biz with the emotional challenges of cptsd on top of the cultural confusions of the electronic age. support helps, tremendously, on meeting those challenges. this very forum is one of the places i come for sorting and managing the cptsd symptoms. not so much for parenting support, but? ? ? network required. it really does take a village to live a healthy life.

i hope this forum serves you as well as it has served me. welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back