• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Should I Date A Psycho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has antisocial personality disorder, him lying is the worst of your problems. You should be more...

Thanks Casey03, he was in prison for assaulting someone pretty badly, he has never touched me physically, only emotional and psychologically, which as i got ptsd from the physical, i think for me the emotional hurts just as much and leaves scars on the inside. Even though he never touched me, it is a fear that if i leave, he may kill me. The old if i cant have you noone can.

If the lying won't stop, how do you believe anything?

Because he admits to some bloody obvious thi...
Yep thats it, he admitts to the bloody obvious things and that gets me, im like oh his been honest, but really he has too cos its soooo obvious. Thankyou.

A person who displays the traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder on the extreme end of the spectrum is what is offically labeled a Psychopath.
This is recognised world-wide and is very different from the psychological trauma/damage that is evident in a lot of people including us with PTS.

Total lack of empathy, use of emotional & psychological abuse and physical violence when the "object" he desires to control is taken away.

Your nature sounds trusting and hopeful, but your gut is telling you that he is capable of killing you, especially if you leave him. This is a well-recognised response of controlling men to their partner leaving them.

You need to call a women's abuse hotline and get practical guidance of how to plan your getaway. You need one friend or family member who will support you in getting out of there. Most of all, you must not tell him of your plans.

You must go against your nature and be secretive. Plan and wait and act when it is safe and make sure he cannot find you. Dont go to any family member or friend he knows the address of. If you work, you may need to consider leaving your job.

You need professional guidance and support and a Women's Shelter. These are available in Australia. Please ring one and get good sensible practical advice. Practical. Someone to tell you exactly how to do it and follow it exactly. You cannot rely on your own instincts until you are out of this situation. This is serious.

A person who displays the traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder on the extreme end of the spectrum...
Thankyou for your reply. The unfortunate bit is i did exactly that, lived in a womans refuge for 6 months but he knew my mums sddress so he went to prison and i replied and you have to give a return address, so when i got this place that i live now i put this address down as i could not justify puttingmy family / home adress in danger.

So thankyou but im too late. It is beautiful lie and its still a lie, thankyou fridayjones.

Sometimes i think that i am wrong and this is all i can expect as most of the time i am so symptomatic, my ptsd controls me and it f*cking sucks, so i sjould be grayeful anyone loves me. I am not as strong as i used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back