• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Should I move in with parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani223

New Here
Hey,
So I was in an abusive relationship and had to leave states to get away. I’ve been living alone with my dog, never leave my apartment, and am profoundly lonely. I do CBT every week and am on medication. I’m a nurse by profession.
My parents offered for me to come live in their basement. It sounds really nice to me. I think it would be nice to have my own space, but to know I have safe, loving people upstairs to go to when I’m scared.
I never thought my life would look like this, and I know there is a stigma around living with your parents....but I just want to feel safe. And sometimes I can barely get up to let the dog out. This is my life.....I’m sick of feeling ashamed that I am only capable of doing so many things at a time. I just want to feel safe and loved.
I’d love some feedback.

If your parents are loving respectful people, who help out, damn right to living with them ;)

That stigma is honestly mostly just an US thing. In soo many other nations living with parents is the norm, or even good manners & a show one is respectful and has life well organized, keeping to healthy relationships with one's parents.

You deserve that love, and that safety. Wherever you can get it.

If your parents are loving respectful people, who help out, damn right to living with them ;)

That stigma is honestly mostly just an US thing. In soo many other nations living with parents is the norm, or even good manners & a show one is respectful and has life well organized, keeping to healthy relationships with one's parents.

You deserve that love, and that safety. Wherever you can get it.
Thank you. I just feel at this point in my life it might be the best option. They are wonderful people that have tried to help me as much as they can.
I guess I feel like there is this struggle that I’m not normal..and I should try to be..or else I’m failing. But I’m trying to let go of that. My mental health and feeling safe and loved are more important to me at this point. Being in denial is a lot of work and just frustrating.

I just fee l at this point in my life it might be the best option. They are wonderful people that have tried to help me as much as they can.
I guess I feel like there is this struggle that I’m not normal..and I should try to be..or else I’m failing. But I’m trying to let go of that. My mental health and feeling safe and loved are more important to me at this point. Being in denial is a lot of work and just frustrating.

Sounds like it's really something you want to do, in that it feels like it might really help you get to a better place. I understand that worry that you are failing in some way - I've had the need/opportunity to move back in with my mom but I opted not to for that very reason. I wish I had. I hope you can begin to see it as a real strength - you looking out for you! Heck with what other people may think.

You are normal, Dani - as well as taking care of your health and needs well, kudos on that.

Besides, living with parents is awesome opportunity to ask the better cooking one how do they do which meal, how on earth does one iron shirts right to look that just-new, which cleaning supply works best for which surfaces without need to youtube vid that, etc etc...

Not even starting on aaages of histories of So how did you two *really* meet, who was sillier on the first date (... Convos going like; How come you don't remem the first date, we went for an icecream and it was raining and my coat was wrecked / I thought we're going to the movies, and the forecast said sunny! / Yeah you even dressed silly alright / ... That was my BEST dress.)...

And other schtuff. :happy:
Families still had, and good relations?

Enjoy every moment ;)
Anyone giving you shit can move it.

No shame in coming back home to loving people. Ya America has a bit of a stigma with it but that’s changing due to the economic climate. Sometimes living alone isn’t what’s best and that’s totally okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back