• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sites with articles that boost you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

Sponsor
Anyone know of any websites that seem to have interesting and maybe too somewhat positive kinds of articles to read? With or without a focus on mental health? The kinds of articles that give you a little boost rather than getting you down?

I guess one that comes to mind is Ted Talks. Another is Greater Good Science Center

You come across any too?
Thanks

TED Talks IS fantastic. Strong second.

National Geographic: Stories of Animals, Nature, and Culture They have hard stories, too. But I find them very balanced in a) WOW this world is amazing v problems of the world (I’d say probably 70/30 amazing to hard) and b) their telling IN problems, if that’s what I care to read about. Journalism standards of yesteryear. No simple solutions to complex problems, nor fear mongering, high standards for integrity, and fair & balanced tellings as much as possible.

TED Talks IS fantastic. Strong second.

National Geographic: Stories of Animals, Nature, and Culture They have hard stories, too. But I find them very balanced in a) WOW this world is amazing v problems of the world (I’d say probably 70/30 amazing to hard) and b) their telling IN problems, if that’s what I care to read about. Journalism standards of yesteryear. No simple solutions to complex problems, nor fear mongering, high standards for integrity, and fair & balanced tellings as much as possible.
I second the national geographic idea. It's a wonderful site.

Those are both great @Changing4Best & @Friday thanks, I've bookmarked both.

Realised when I'm not doing well I can tend to get get caught up checking social media in rather a compulsive way. I want to build up a small collection of more positive sites to check out on a regular basis.

And you're so right @Lionheart777 the news can be so negative, nice to balance it out with something else.

Remembered another I tend to like though am not a Buddhist Tiny Buddha: Wisdom Quotes, Letting Go, Letting Happiness In

Still interested in any others anyone knows of thanks :)

Those are both great @Changing4Best & @Friday thanks, I've bookmarked both.

Realised when I'm not doing well I can tend to get get caught up checking social media in rather a compulsive way. I want to build up a small collection of more positive sites to check out on a regular basis.

And you're so right @Lionheart777 the news can be so negative, nice to balance it out with something else.

Remembered another I tend to like though am not a Buddhist Tiny Buddha: Wisdom Quotes, Letting Go, Letting Happiness In

Still interested in any others anyone knows of thanks :)
I do the same thing. Thank you for this thread.

I have found what works for me is reading stuff that makes me feel ‘understood’. So not good news or bad news, but writers who seem to get my point of view. I try never to miss Marissa Korbel’s column online in The Rumpus. It’s not ‘sunny’ and she is younger than me with a different background but I read a piece from that column republished in Vanity Fair that made me realise how she ‘got’ the experience of many, many, many women.

I get annoyed with much that isn’t opeds atm; I try and find papers referenced in reporting on science/ health issues where possible. Scientific journalism in mainstream media is really very misleading.

I really dig the Tiny Buddha site, too.

I enjoy this dude's website, as he's the one who taught me the deep breathing techniques that greatly help(ed) my anxiety, and he introduced me to sound healing in many forms:

Jim Donovan

I've found some various gems among this site, also:

Home

My plant-based cell-ph really enjoys this one:

Vegan News & The Latest in Plant Based Recipes, Resources & Living

This site is like a spiritual version of netflix and I really enjoy some of their viewing options, as well as the instructional videos...quite a wide variety:

Gaia - Conscious Media, Streaming Yoga Videos & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back