• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Submitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More

MyPTSD Pro
God even the word makes me want to throw up.

T recently bought up the model of structural dissociation. Which was making a lot of sense till we hit the ‘submit’ part. I properly properly reacted, total meltdown. Wasn’t even about the subject anymore, it was the word, the concept of submitting.

I went totally off on one about how I’ve never submitted yuk yuk yuk. Except I have. I did. And I can’t explain it. And this, this is the bit that throws me.

There’s page after f*cking page of evidence way back to early childhood that rather than submitting, behaving, being ‘good’, I fought. Which is considered unusual because I am female. Extreme violence, they said. You name it, I was it.

And later, I fought. Even though fighting him only made it worse for myself. I’d fight. Except that first time I didn’t. I couldn’t have yelled, would have been pointless. No one for miles around. But I could have fought. I could have tried. I could have physically resisted. Chances are it wouldn’t have worked, and like every other time after, I’d have made it worse for myself. But I should have tried.

Why. Why this time, when I needed to fight, did it abandon me. I don’t want this weak submissive part of me. I don’t I can’t it can’t be me. It’s really really majorly can’t even stress how badly bothering me.

I think we’ve unintentionally hit on the worst part of that particular bag of joys. I can deal with what he did to me physically, I can deal that I knew him, I trusted him. I can’t deal with the fact that I just.f*cking.gave.in.

And it brings everything back. You stupid slut. You wanted it. I must have wanted it. I didn’t fight. I just f*cking took it.

Just argh. Why? Why didn’t I fight?

Just argh. Why? Why didn’t I fight?
Because

- You have exceptionally well trained instincts that read this situation as different from “just” making it worse?

- Or he was starting to lose his power over you, and you quit caring enough about him, to make him worth fighting? IE I DGAF about you, or what you’re going to do. You have no power over me.

- Or you’d “leveled up” and had begun to choose your battles/conserve your strength/protect your resources in preparation?

^^^Top 3 reasons I know of when fighters suddenly alter the way they do things, but haven’t vvv

- Broken/cracked/gone mad
- Given into despair

I find your reaction to the word "submit" very similar to my reaction to the word "control". I have to be the one controlling the situation, the outcome, the details. I don't submit. I take control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back