• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Sufferer or Survivor?

What Do You Call Yourself?

• I call myself a sufferer.

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • I call myself a survivor.

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • I use both terms interchangeably.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I use other terms or no terms at all.

Votes: 29 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Use both not interchangeably but I am both I am a survivor of the trauma that cased the PTSD that I suffer from.

When Survivor was new I loved the word and many times use it now.
But I have now with age and my path, like the word in 'healing'
I am alot more patient with myself now. Now it is a moment in time, and it
should pass.
Time, healing and these things should get better.

I find the battle is not so hard when I allow the healing to happen.
if it means stop the outside merry-go-round for alittle while or as little as possible
Refocus it gets better.

Hmmm, up until now I didn't think there was much of a difference between sufferer/survivour. I consider myself healing therefore there is a part of me that is suffering but growing and healing, I consider myself a 'survivour' but I don't like to think of myself in terms of the abuses that happened to me. Unfortunately I am more concerned about everyone elses pain and why wasn't I there to do something than I am about my own, I carry too much of the world on my shoulders. (Still working on that, think I'm doing pretty good) but yeah. I don't know I guess I'm neither, I'm a...healing human being whose got a lot to learn, a ways to grow and.... (lost my grain* of thought :)~).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back