• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

T says put job search on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellSue

Not Active
He suggested taking at least a couple of months, getting back into PT, getting established with a hip surgeon, getting checked for Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, figuring out who is going to work with me on my hypermobility issues, getting imaging of my shoulders and dealing with the pain there, getting settled into the new home with exercise and pain management equipment, getting back into a pool routine, etc.

It hits my ego hard to not be working. I don't want to listen to him BUT I also know that there are two hip replacements looming on the horizon somewhere and I don't have the upper body stability to keep weight off of a newly replaced hip. Hell, for all I know my shoulder is in worse shape than my hips.

He's right even though I hate admitting it: I should at least get set up with care before I get tunnel-vision on the work situation which is certainly what will happen.

I have an appointment set up with a surgeon and requested a referral to PT. I found a gym with a pool. And I've been getting back on track with my exercise since our recent move threw me off.

Somehow I have to figure out how to deal with all of this free/alone time. I am not used to it and it is driving me nuts.

Last edited:
He suggested taking at least a couple of months, getting back into PT, getting established with a hip surgeon, getting checked for Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, figuring out who is going to work with me on my hypermobility issues, getting imaging of my shoulders and dealing with the pain there, getting settled into the new home with exercise and pain management equipment, getting back into a pool routine, etc.

It hits my ego hard to not be working. I don't want to listen to him BUT I also know that there are two hip replacements looming on the horizon somewhere and I don't have the upper body stability to keep weight off of a newly replaced hip. Hell, for all I know my shoulder is in worse shape than my hips.

He's right even though I hate admitting it: I should at least get set up with care before I get tunnel-vision on the work situation which is certainly what will happen.

I have an appointment set up with a surgeon and requested a referral to PT. I found a gym with a pool. And I've been getting back on track with my exercise since our recent move threw me off.

Somehow I have to figure out how to deal with all of this free/alone time. I am not used to it and it is driving me nuts.

I know that more people are in need of virtual assistants because things are more virtual w distancing, and you could do that part time......but you do have a lot going on. Balance is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back