• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Taking a Break - Daughter Suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to reply awhile ago but got doing stuff over the weekend and forgot! I can say that my parents where very over protective to the point where they bugged the home phone to listen to everything I said to anyone and put a baby monitor in my bedroom. I left home at about 16 and only really came home when I was pregnant. Now I know its not the same as what you are going through but I can say from the daughters point of view.. no matter how much we feel the parents are being over protective in the back of our minds we know why. And I truly totally understood my parents fears and frustrations with me after I had my daughter. I became a friend with my mother as well as a daughter then. We still have our spats but there is now respect and understanding what life as a parent is like. It takes time and compassion to work out a parent - child relationship as it is forever evolving through the years. Just remember that the unconditional love you feel for her.. she also feels for you and no matter how mad or upset you get at each other the love and understanding will help you work through anything. Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world.. but it is also one of the most rewarding and satisfying!

I can say that my parents where very over protective to the point where they bugged the home phone to listen to everything I said to anyone and put a baby monitor in my bedroom.

Parents after my own heart Damiea! ;-) To be serious, we try not to do that with Evie. She is an adult. However. Does tempt me sometimes.

Jen said:
Please let us know how she goes with this idea Jim?

So far so good Jen. She enjoyed our outing yesterday. Damn low self-esteem though. Bit worried about her, she's been very up and down. Really struggling lately. Kathleen's away for a couple of days now. Visiting the grandkids. Hoping some one on one time with Evie will help.

Jim.

Well, took her climbing today, indoor rock climbing. Pushed her hard at it. Trying to get her to have more confidence. She was right pissed at me. Crying and telling me to f**k myself. However. With the pushing, she made it to the top of the structure. Then Bingo! Her mood improved. She was real proud of herself. Talked my ear off all the way home. Went to sleep with no troubles tonight. Think I did good for once. ;-)

Jim.

Hi Jim....I just wanted to say after I read this.......I think you "have done good" way more than once.....pat yourself on the back...you deserve it too. You seem like wonderful, caring, concerned parents and I truly respect that. That is awesome that Evie made it to the top and in the end it helped her mood and sleep...that is great news. I am glad to hear that she is feeling a bit better...We had a great chat on Monday for quite a long time too, she is a remarkable young woman.

Thank you Pandora, much appreciated. I was joking though. Like to think I'm a good father most days. Certainly I give it my all. Unlike a lot of idiots out there. Reckon one should need a license to have children, the way some people are.

Yep Evie is doing better. Up again briefly a few minutes, had some pain, I assume from climbing. However. Back in bed now. Relieved she's doing well. Nice you had a chat with her. Agree she's remarkable, but then I reckon I'm biased. ;-)

Jim.

I am glad Evie is feeling better now, and her family members do, too. That defenetely was a huge challenge for you all.
Good luck and my best wishes, get well soon!:Hug_emoticon:

Well, took her climbing today, indoor rock climbing. Pushed her hard at it. Trying to get her to have more confidence. She was right pissed at me. Crying and telling me to f**k myself. However. With the pushing, she made it to the top of the structure. Then Bingo! Her mood improved. She was real proud of herself. Talked my ear off all the way home. Went to sleep with no troubles tonight. Think I did good for once. ;-)

Jim.

Thats great Jim I had a smile when you said she was swearing at you but good to see the adrenalin took over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back