• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Think I've Told My Counsellor Too Much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your name should be "Will Survive" because with a lot of luck, hard work and therapy p you will. A pray or two can't hurt either, if you believe

Remember that "1" of the major symproms of PTSD is paranoia.

IMHO trusting your therapist is 90% of the healing process. I was lucky to have found "my" perfect therapist on the first try. Some people have to try many before theyfind the right fit, so to speak.

You need to ask the deep dark questions of your T. Do not waste time or words. Tell your T. EXACTLY what your concerns are and why you have them. If you can not trust your T and feel safe and comfortable, you are wasting your time and money. I am sure you can not spare either of those.

I know giving your trust to someone, especially a stranger, but youhave to start sometime in order to get better. If you end up in the hosp;ital, well then so be it. You must have needed to be. TRUST a little word for a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back