• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tie Cutting Therapy - Any Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mother was the only person to give me comfort..evidently all patients have to kill off both parents first b4 moving on to the real problem...your encouraged to imagine dressing in loose fitting comfy clothes,lean back on,then merge into your imaginary tree,draw positive energy thru roots,expel negative energy thru leaves.....very complex and confusing but i did feel different afterwards...but theres a phsycic type side affect that has plagued me since!

Oh okay sorry Rob I just assumed it was for parents who had hurt you... so it's also for good parents?? Ermm that's kind of weird to me, I don't like that, my family is really kind and supportive of me and I can't think what help it would be to me to imagine killing them, even subconsciously... that bothers me actually. Bleah...

I have to agree with Evie. I thought you meant cutting out negative too, would seem to me to be counter productive to "kill off" positive influences. Did they explain why you have to do that with parents who comfort? Or parents in general? How much success has this therapist had with it? How often do the implement this tactic? I do hope you asked lots of questions, the psyche can be very sensitive with PTSD.

from what i remmember it suggests everyone enters the world nuetral..we are then moulded firstly by our parents influences,then others...this tries to cut ties and return you to nuetral again so you can start from scratch???...i consider this therapist as brilliant and very caring..he admits the therapy is wierd,but is very affective on difficult cases...the "rolls royce" of therapies,but not used lightly.....will know more in a few months and maybe then i can explain it properly...cheers rob.

This almost sounds like some kind of therapy I remember hearing about that some nuns did with an adopted child.. something about how the girl was put in a sac and had to fight to get free.. in essence to be born again like all the things a baby does and feels when its born? This was to cut any emotional ties to her birth parents and be born again to her adopted parents.. not sure of any results from this though. and if I remember there was lots of negative stuff with it as well as any good affects from it.

:think: ehhhh...a bit far out, even for my otherwordly self.

I can understand "psychically" cutting ties with those who have harmed you...it's like shedding the red overlay on the aura (for you new-agers out there), but the idea of "killing"? Maybe it's the way the hynotherapist put it to you?

I'm intrigued, but I don't think I would go in for it.

I do intensive dream work and through out this work I see some similarities with this tie cutting business.

In my dreams I have quit running from my attacker and when he has held me hostage I have shot him straight between the eyes and killed him. The last dream I had was I met him at the railroad tracks. He is on one side of the tracks and I'm on the other. I only have a small iron in which I was going to beat him with. I realized the iron was to small and decided to go get a gun. MEANING = I have realized that I can stand up to my attacker and not be in fear any longer. He is on one side of the tracks and I am releasing him from my side of the tracks within my subconscious mind. (Via railroad tracks) I am not a victim anymore!

Now I would never shoot some one for no reason, my life would have to be in danger.

Back in the day before I worked on my nightmares that attacker would have taken the iron out of my hand and beat ME with it or taken the gun and shot me. So I think there are some positives to this. Another thing I learned too is that I have this nagging voice in my head that tells me I'm horrible etc. I dreamed I slit her throat about 9 months ago (it was me at age 18 in the dream) I’m not scared, because it just means I'm killing off negative aspects of myself and learning to think more positive and be more confident. These have worked for me, but may not work for everyone.

My 2 cents
Tammy

im starting another session shortly...maybe they use a completely different technique this time?..ill put it all to memory and try to explain it when finished...can see some similarities with tammys description....

i believe its hypnotherapy aimed at visual response in the subconcious mind???...anyway,when i told the psyc i wasnt cured he was genuinely suprised....we redid a session to tie cut past memories...followed by 3 nights of the follow up past to rest sleep tape ....that was 2 weeks ago...i have noticed a big difference...i was totaly consumed with the past...but now i hardly think about it.....hope it lasts!.........ps..the wife has also undergone it...she didnt have to kill her parents...done to individual requirements i pressume??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back