• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allison

Learning
So my boyfriend knew I have ptsd! Anxiety and depression! But he chose to provoke and he triggered my ptsd he called me a word that my mom called me after I was molested! He triggered it but I was arrested and charged! I’m in counseling and on meds but how the hell does he get away!!

No it’s not he’s been wanting to get our daughter away from me so he intentionally done that

Oh Allison, so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you have counseling to help you through. This forum should be a great help to you also. Welcome to the forum.

So he triggers you with the hopes you go off the rail. So manipulative...are you receiving help right now? My mom triggers me in the same way. Different goals I guess but similar struggles. I have to take serious meds to control my anxiety, anger, explosiveness...I also go into every interaction expecting to be messed with...though it's impossible to do that all the time.

He triggered it but I was arrested and charged! I’m in counseling and on meds but how the hell does he get away!!
If you don't mind my asking - it sounds like you were triggered, and then you did something...what did you do that led to the arrest?

my boyfriend knew I have ptsd! Anxiety and depression! But he chose to provoke
PTSD isn’t an excuse to treat people badly.

I haven’t assaulted anyone on accident for a long time, now... but it’s still assault. Or manslaughter/murder, depending on how far it goes.

People who spin up into fight have to learn to control themselves, for the safety of everyone else around them, a lot more urgently than most people who spin up into flight. (Not always, flight can be just as lethal, depending on the circumstance).

A VERY big part of that? Taking responsibility for your actions. It doesn’t matter how much anyone is provoked. You could literally be saving someone’s life, that level of provocation / immediate threat to life... but your actions? Are still your own. Self control? Means no one can make you do anything. Learning self control is a bitch, but also absolutely necessary. Which means it’s no one else’s responsibility to control you, or to manage your triggers for you; we’re each of us responsible for our own triggers, and our own actions.

No he called a word my mom called me after I was molested and I had a flashback I owned up to it! I got out of jail and into counseling! On a new med

Plus I wasn’t diagnosed until Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back