• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Vet advice welcome, does not like crowds, which things do you enjoy doing together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Vet binge watches old shows over ad over and over, again and again and again. I have no idea why he does it. You say yours does it to keep him occupied. It is an interesting thought.

I can't be in a quiet room - it makes me crazy. So I always have the TV on - but I don't actually watch it. It just kind of runs in the background. What makes hubby nuts is that I will go through all the channels and netflix to find the "right" program to not watch. It has something to do with the sound??? I'm not sure because I don't think about it that much. But sometimes he comes in and says "what are you watching" and I'll realize I was staring at it. And have no idea what I was watching. I think it's just noise to fill up my brain while I'm on the computer or reading or whatever

Dunno....just can't. I remember having the tv on when I was a kid studying -- background noise made it easier to focus.

But now I think it keeps me safe and I'm much more relaxed with noise in the background. If I'm in a quiet room I start getting wound up and vigilant . Beats me why... probably something that needs to come up in therapy eventually....

I don't sit in quiet rooms either, and I don't have PTSD. I always have background noise. I went to an "open concept" school as a kid and I guess I just got conditioned to noise. I'm also good at watching the same thing over or rereading the same books. I think this can all just be general personality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back