• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Wait... So I'm Not Crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NakedAnxiety

New Here
Okay, I guess I wouldn't go that far...

It took me a while but what do you know, I seem to have found a group of people who I can at least feel crazy with! Where was this board when I was failing EMDR a couple of years ago?

About me... first off, I'm not really naked... just feel that way sometimes. I've got this PTSD with a vengence thing too. I had a fun childhood where I broke one bone after another, adding up to hundreds... 69 major leg fractures by the time I was 17 and then with puberty ending, the frequency slowed significantly. But guess what? I break bones less frequently but lucky for me I get to continue living out the ones from the past all day, every day and a few times in the middle of the night for good measure.

So... I shut it all up with scotch in the evening and I'm okay until about 3:30am when it starts all over again.

I've tried all the drugs... Paxil helped a little for a while but then it was like taking sugar pills. EMDR made it worse... now I'm going to try blogging and this little message board.

If you are interested, you can read my first 2 entries at blog.nakedanxiety.com

It has been interesting reading all these posts from people who seem to "get the insanity."

I liked your blog. Very articulate which for me is so hard these days. I speak, don't expect more LOL. Look forward to chatting with you more.

Thank you all... I've learned a lot today reading post after post. This is an amazing resource for anyone with this problem (or is it problems... seems plural makes more sense.)

I've never had a back-and-forth of any kind with someone who deals with the same issues I do... thanks.

Well, you will get more than your fair share if you stick around :)

Welcome aboard Naked. Glad you found us. I wish this site was here during my worst a few years ago, but it's a great help after the worst too.

Well... let's just say I've had the symptoms long before anyone had a non-military term to apply them to. And I have way too many unfinished projects staring at me everyday of my life.

It is sad and wonderful to find others who at least on some level get my sick sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back