4:5 are essentially the same thing…
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Al Dente Cooked Macaroni
Equal parts cream & cheese + 1.25 parts pasta added to a sauté pan stirred for 2-3 minutes on high until it melts & comes together in creamy luscious-ness.
Super Duper Easy.
- Shredded/Crumblex Cougar Gold (or Beechers) cheddar cheese*
- Heavy whipping cream
*Alternatively Mexican 4 Cheese shreds. But I really do love Beechers / CougarGold.
- Add apx equal weights cheese & whipping cream to sauté pan
- Add apx a weight & a quarter of pasta (6oz/6oz/7.5oz -or- 32/32/40)
- Crank the heat up to high and stir constantly for the 2-3 minutes it takes for the everything to become a melty/luscious awesomeness.
- Season to taste with fresh cracked pepper, or white pepper
- Plate & top with a scattering of cheese whilst still hot enough to melt over the top.
Bacon & Beer-Cheese Sauce
Exactly like the above, but with a half measure of beer added to the whipping cream, a dollup of stone ground Dijon mustard, & topped with fresh cooked bacon & green onions. I let the Crema and beer simmer for a minute or two (before adding the cheese) to get rid of as much of the water as possible (without scorching the cream) before adding the cheese & pasta.
BBQ Pulled Pork w/ Jalapeños (Spicy)
- Shredded Pepperjack
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Diced jalapeños
- Pulled Pork
- Buttermilk Cheese crumbles (looks like feta cheese)
- BBQ sauce (in a squirty/drizzle bottle)
- Sour Cream + Buttermilk -or- (same thing, really) Mexican Crema (in a squirty drizzle bottle)
- Green Onions
Same as the above 2 = Cream + Cheese + Pasta
- Plate (or in my case a big ole tinfoil To-Go serving dish)
- Top with pulled pork
- Drizzle over BBQ sauce & Crema
- Scatter crumbly cheese & green onions & jalapeños
- Cashew Cream
- Shredded Chao Cheese
- Any desired toppings… but most vegans are so thrilled for creamy “anything” that it’s all just gilding the Lilly. (Personally, I add bacon & green onions to mine, but I’m also not vegan,). A dusting of OLD BAY is a delightful add, as well. Bacon or no bacon.
Ditto above 3 for method. Voila!
Whole Foods (Which of these things is not like the others?)
- Alfredo Sauce (Bertoli Original is what I’m using)
- Shredded Yellow Cheddar
- Panko Crumbs
- Toss cooked macaroni in Alfredo sauce In a baking dish, top with shredded cheddar & Panko, bake at 350F/175C until panko is golden brown and sauce is bubbly. Apx 15-45 min depending on how big & deep your dish is! <<< Because this process -unlike sautéing- means the noodles will absorb a lot of the sauce? Make sure to make it extra saucy/soupy in the beginning so it’s still creamy instead of dry, after baking.
^^^ This one is just because 2 of the kids coming will only eat Whole Foods style Mac’n’Cheese. So they get their own little dish of “it”.