What Could I Have Been?

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
Hiya. @Friday said what I was going to say. Shouldnt the ultimate question be, 'what can I be now'? Rather than focussing on what you lost which is negative and possibly littered with cognitive distortions? You can't change your past but you can change and influence your present and future. It's not easy but your doing it!!! Best wishes S3. 😊

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Me too!! Even with things going on with me now, I try to push it to an end result. Knowing full well, I have to feel the feelings and learn what I am supposed to learn. The good news is, I catch myself so much faster today.

I want to know that I'm going to have a good outcome with all this hard work. And so far I have. So I really understand being 'driven'. In some ways, it can help with the healing. Because you won't fight the process. You already know this is going to take work, it's just learning to gently remind ourselves, that this is a journey and we will have many 'destinations' where we have conquered a behaviour or thought process.

Life is about always learning. You seem to be very open to that. And your end result will be very personal and sometimes much better than you ever imagined.

I had to learn to just show up for my life every day. You are going to be 'unlearning' a lot of things, and it takes time to get the hang of the new ideas and things we can do to not stay in the problem. Doesn't mean you aren't smart enough, or strong enough or courageus enough. Just means we haven't completed that learning curve yet. That's all.

We are really glad you are here. It is so awesome to see you want to get down the road with this. You will learn how to pace yourself. Keep coming here and sharing. We are all at different places in our journey. So someone will always relate to where you are.

Being driven is not a bad thing, it's just something we have to learn to find balance with. You got this. Just keep doing what you are doing!!!! Baby steps.