• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you avoid at all costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SpiritSong Unfortately, my mental health treatment until 2016 was nothing but a waste, so much so that there was one time where I was in the hospital and they tried to D/C to a shelter. Needless to say that did not go over well, and resulted in them sending me to a long term care facility where it was possible I could have ended up spending the remainder of my life. It was july 2016 that real mental health treatment began. So no these things were not addressed back then or even later. It is only now that they are, but I am just at the beginning of such care. And it may be too late given my age for it to make any real difference.

I avoid relationships of any kind and conflict. I'm to the point where I don't have much to do with the outside world besides when I'm forced to talk to people at work.
I avoid trying new things or large groups of people as well. I avoid my entire family. Basically, I avoid anything that has to do with people.

• Hospitals/doctors
  • Disinfectants (esp. Simple Green)
  • Any sort of mess that may attract pests (a bit counterintuitive with the above)
  • Diesel engines (sound, smell)
  • Young children

I didn't think of it because (thankfully) it doesn't come up often, but that lovely "did a cat pee on an electrical fire?" meth smell.

Once last year I had to get off a train and wait for the next one over that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dreaded question: Are you doing okay?
What are you supposed to say? No. I barely made it here and I’m giving it all I got to try and look/act normal, like nothing is wrong. So you had to ask and make me want to drive my anxiety ridden butt back home somehow and descend into a raw, angry, staring contest with the air. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back