• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Worldwide impact of the novel coronavirus (covid-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, everyone--vaccinated and unvaccinated alike--are like, "everything's fine now. We don't have to wear masks." smh I know several people with COVID now--I only knew one or two earlier. And hospitals continue to be at near-capacity. Even work, which is one of the vaccination leaders, is now like "it's up to you if you want to work at home or onsite."

I didn't realize how very anxious I am these days, way more than I ever have been.

My youngest son called last night and he and his wife have COVID. Both been tested and are positive. So far they are able to maintain at home. They kept putting off the vaccine. They are grown so it wasn't my job to nag. And I haven't even said, 'SEE!'. They are both so sick and he is supposed to start a new job in a few weeks.

He said he thought he was going to die he never felt so bad in his life. Since we aren't sure which one they have, just hope they took precautions with their kids. I think his wife got at least one shot because of her work it was required so she isn't as sick as he was.

Lord please, enough already. This could have been slowed down if not stopped if people would just understand 'get the shots'.

They are grown so it wasn't my job to nag. And I haven't even said, 'SEE!'.
I got vaccinated in April on 2021 (no boosters) and got Covid and got more sick then I've ever been in my life. Though not needing the hospital, still, very sick. I'd resist the urge as it won't help anyway. It seems those that are against the vaccine (like one of my half sisters. Who is a nurse here in Florida) are hard-headed and nothing will stick anyway. One of my friends from high school had the vaccine and two boosters and now has Covid the 2nd time. The first time she did have to go to the hospital. Same with one of my friends in KS. She had just got out of the hospital with Covid right before Christmas. And is vaccinated. I think some of the things these anti Covid vaxxers say have a point. But, if it doesn't hurt (many says it hurts) and if it does make Covid less severe, I'd still do it again but, yeah. Vaccine doesn't mean no Covid and vaccine and boosters don't mean no hospital with Covid apparently.

What I wish these groups would stop doing is making it all a joke! It is so not a joke! Facebook makes me want to slap these people!

I wasn't of the mindset that the shots were some magic potion. There are still precautions to take, even with the shots. Wearing a mask to me is one of the main ones. Especially since so many people AREN'T wearing one. It is hot as hell during the summer here and I hate feeling smothered with that mask on. But I would hate being on a ventilator a lot more. Washing hands is the other. Especially when we get back home. Common sense goes a long way.

I wasn't of the mindset that the shots were some magic potion. There are still precautions to take, even with the shots. Wearing a mask to me is one of the main ones. Especially since so many people AREN'T wearing one. It is hot as hell during the summer here and I hate feeling smothered with that mask on. But I would hate being on a ventilator a lot more. Washing hands is the other. Especially when we get back home. Common sense goes a long way.
I still wear a mask. I've been questioning how effective a cloth mask vs the N95 masks but, yeah, agree there. Wear a mask, wash hands, sanitize etc. Just got me questioning how effective it really is given that I got Covid anyway...

But, yeah, agree either way!

My mother in law has it. My in laws were vaccinated. Whether she has the milder omicron or the vaccinations ( plus isolation in one bedroom and bathroom ) are helping- my father in law has not yet tested positive. He is older and has a heart attack shortly before the outbreak .

Vaccines aren’t magic, but they do still save lives. I think I’m suffering a bad reaction after my booster a month and a half ago and I cannot get a GP appointment because of the pressure on the healthcare system ( I’m not desperate but I have been coughing since the booster but am testing negative).

Right now everything feels at breaking point here anyway and news coverage is focused on a really narrow portion of what’s going wrong because it’s so bad - but the really meaty stuff, less headliner but more important IMO, is getting very little coverage.

I do worry about the accuracy of some of the tests. My neighbour was sent home from work today with covid. They test every day and she tested negative this morning, but didn't feel well, so decided to take the test again when she started feeling worse and it was positive. What if she had decided not to take that second test?

She's now isolating at home.

@notsurewheretoturn if you mean lateral flow tests, they're 40% accurate, so basically not accurate at all. They don't do false positives, but they do false negatives *a lot* so essentially mean nothing which is why you gotta get a PCR if you're symptomatic/contact/get a positive LFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back