• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Worldwide impact of the novel coronavirus (covid-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trivialities?

- I’ve gotten really lazy about waxing. Because masks are up in public 100% of the time, I’m not currently sleeping with anyone, and the only place I regularly see myself is in the rear view mirror; instead of the first hint of peach fuzz 🍑 = RIP! it’s become a randomly appearing WTF?!? Oh. Right. I might should go de-Wookiee-fy myself. RAWRGWAWGGR

- For the first time since I was a kid my parent’s city has a rush hour (heavy but still moving traffic from 515pm-615pm), instead of a rush “hour” (gridlock from 1pm-7pm)

- Asthma accomodations at work/school are ⚡️ LIGHTNING ⚡️ fast. Whoa. I’m used to 3+ years of arguments, legal battles (Dude. It’s the fawking law. Yes. That means you don’t get to decide this can’t breathe thing is silly and ignore the motherf*cking LAW in addition to what one would think would be common damn sense), and ongoing complaints when not outright ignored… none of this DONE! Yesterday! bend over backwards, and oh of course that makes perfect sense, and what about this extra bonus I’d never even have dreamed of asking for set of accomodations in addition?!? 😵‍💫

I know I'm probably being mean here, and I'm not trying to trivialise covid 19, but its great that as a physically disabled person I can go out without someone grabbing my arm in order to 'help' me without asking which usually ends up with me in more pain and an argument about me being ungrateful for their 'help', and if I need someone to get out of my bloody way, I just have to cough.

Does this thing make anyone else really angry? WTF, my husband had a sinus infection but needed a Covid test before anyone would see him. f*cking test took 6 days to get the results and how does this make sense because if it had been Covid some of the therapeutics would have to be administered within the first five days???? There is no excuse for not having enough tests this late in the game. If we didn't have a friend that was a doctor and willing to see him and write a script, the sinus infection could have been pneumonia.

I don't care what administration is in office, they both have handled this pandemic and the response in a total cluster f*ck fashion.

WTF, my husband had a sinus infection but needed a Covid test before anyone would see him. f*cking test took 6 days to get the results and how does this make sense

posilutely this makes me angry, as well. are we ready to acknowledge the opportunistic infections which have thrived and multiplied in the masked wisdom?

corona crowned shortly after i inherited 3 heavily traumatized young orphans (ages 6 to 8 months) in a traffic accident. their case was already in family court at the time of the accident. not a fun time to lose our entire support network. by the end of march 2020, the children were grieving the loss of their world at least as much as they were grieving mommy and daddy but no one cared because it wasn't covid. by new year's day, 2021 the situation was rough enough that i looked into the possibility of returning them to the foster care system. YIKES! ! ! the covidic madness has swept more than these 3 children under the rug while THEY search for proof that these measures are protecting folks under 60 as much as they are protecting senior citizens. gnarl gnarl gnash gnash. . .

its great that as a physically disabled person I can go out without someone grabbing my arm in order to 'help' me without asking which usually ends up with me in more pain and an argument about me being ungrateful for their 'help', and if I need someone to get out of my bloody way, I just have to cough.

thank you for the affirmation that the covidic madness has a few silver linings. i, too, have been using the cough trick to get malingerers out of my way. if this ever ends, i will miss being able to clear pathways with a simple cough.

the aversion to touch symptom i have from surviving child prostitution has enjoyed the added social distance. i am grateful that psychotherapy failed to fully remediate my child prostitute league social distancing skills. my foster kids got me a t-shirt for christmas 2020 which declares me, "2020 social distancing champion"

the children were grieving the loss of their world at least as much as they were grieving mommy and daddy but no one cared because it wasn't covid

I don't have children, but I'm slightly disturbed by how little their health and well-being has been the focus of everything. I don't want to turn this into a thing where everyone argues about this stuff. It just seems to me that a healthy culture always focuses on the next generation. Parents protect their children first. Hell, everyone over 60 I know hates that their needs are being placed above those of their grandchildren.

But I digress. Only to say I understand. Also that we have the collective attention span of a gold fish. We can only talk about one thing, obsess about one thing, until we're in a looping froth. Which sounds a lot like how my brain works when I'm not careful ;)

the aversion to touch symptom i have from surviving child prostitution has enjoyed the added social distance.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about - how to mind my tendency to isolate and make sure it doesn't get TOO comfortable, if you know what I mean.

I think it's very lovely, how you're caring for those children, and I hope that they come out of the other side of the grief intact.

my tendency to isolate and make sure it doesn't get TOO comfortable, if you know what I mean.

i know precisely what you mean. my initial reaction to the shutdown was that the powers that be were invalidating 40 years of intensive psychotherapy. i still feel that way but am trying not to get TOO comfortable and proceeding on the faith that the cultural we can turn this around.

It just seems to me that a healthy culture always focuses on the next generation. Parents protect their children first. Hell, everyone over 60 I know hates that their needs are being placed above those of their grandchildren.

amen. i am 67 and unspeakably ashamed of my peers for this very reason. as the rats abandoned the ship, one of my age peers even had the audacity to tell these recently and heavily traumatized children they were a threat to the greatest hope they had (hubby and myself). i'm still increasing social distance from that particular rat. i wish i knew a few more of my age peers who at least have the integrity to hate that social wisdom.

There is no excuse for not having enough tests this late in the game
Oh god, do I agree with this! DeSantis is saying "Florida is ready" when it comes to treatment. How the f*ck are you going to treat something you can't test? It's ridiculous that my doctor won't test and that walk in clinics are closed half the week (on Tues) and that I would of had to drive 30 mins just to find a drive through testing site while being hella dizzy! Thats dangerous! And was forced to go to the ER and pay $540 just to find a f*cking Covid test! And had to lie to my work "know before you go" questionnaire thing because I couldn't find a Covid test and needed it to call out of work for the 3rd day. Now terrified they are going to penalize me for that as when HR called they asked if I took it. I answered yes, so now they know I lied to it. Where the f*ck are the Covid tests in Orlando for godsake! Why does someone have to jump through so many hoops, lie to their job for fear of losing their job due to attendance, and in the end had to pay an ER $540? Like, f*ck!

Queues in our major cities have been 8 hours on a regular basis for ages.
4 days here in my city… even in hospitals you’re presumed positive, rather than tested for it, there simply aren’t enough tests or lab techs.

That’s newish, though, since Delta. For the better part of a year it was only a 2 day wait, and there were walk-in slots available, if someone didn’t show for a booked queue time. Not anymore.

Still 48 hours for results, though. So their queue times are at least matching lab capabilities.

If you’re like me, and don’t have a mobile, though? No test allowed. You HAVE to have a mobile to get tested. No way for them to reach you for your time slot, or results, otherwise. Because… software. There aren’t any walk-in queues. They all have to be registered via your phone. EVEN in the ER, back when they were testing rather than presuming positive. No phone? f*ck off. No test.

Our gov is mandating 4 free home-tests per household, to meet this crisis. But? You have to be able to be “witnessed” by FaceTime or other video app, by your… yep… phone. No computers. No tablets. Registered mobile numbers only. Because? You guessed it… software. The software doesn’t allow for anything but a registered mobile phone.

Last edited:
My sis and bro in law up north both have omi --- here's the scary part. They were seperated for a week - he was in the midwest and came home with it, she was in hometown and caught it there.

What pisses me off about the "no mask"governors is then they cry and bitch when they don't get all the help they need from the feds. WTF? You could have stopped it, you chose not to, now it's running rampant and you are going to try to steal resources from places that tried to keep it on track? Ya... nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back