• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dissociative Experiences Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

MyPTSD Pro
The Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES) was developed by Eve Bernstein Carlson, Ph.D. and Frank W. Putnam, M.D.

To take the test, click this link.
http://counsellingresource.com/lib/quizzes/misc-tests/des/

That same page will take you to info about scoring the test.
Read and understand the purpose of the test and all disclaimers.

May this experience promote self-understanding and contribute toward your healing path.
:)

38. Higher association with DID. The test itself seemed geared very much towards DID. I don't have DID. But I clicked near "always" on the body and fog stuff. I'm also a sort of different person in different contexts, though I feel like it's balancing out...and I'm also aware and have no amnesia or even feeling of split selves...maybe more like an inner and outer self, which has been important to my getting by.

38. Higher association with DID. The test itself seemed geared very much towards DID. I don't have DID. Bu...

Yes, it is geared toward DID.
DID is the extreme end of a continuum that ranges from - no dissociation----> extreme dissociation.
I realize most of us do not have DID, but we can still benefit from the self-exploration this test can stimulate.
:)

I scored a 31 for me .. sounds about right, cuz I am not DID, but I know I have higher tendencies towards similar "dissociative" experiences than the average person. Makes for greater empathy with regards to my relationship with my guy ..

Then I took the test as IF I were my Mr. and I guesstimate he'd come out about 61 .. I was being conservative, trying to answer as HE would, and we know he has "insiders", but he doesn't seem to fit the diagnostics for full-on DID .. he doesn't, for example, have high "depersonalization" (if I'm understanding what that is, correctly) .. but some of the other aspects are very pronounced. I think he'd be interested to take the quiz, so I'll have to show him this one!!

~S2B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back