• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

3 Months of Weekly Therapy has dragged me out of the pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

David1959

Confident
There is no doubt that therapy has saved me even if it has uncovered additional troubling traumas. I have been lifted out of the depths of debilitating depression and able to function but now I am learning how do deal with additional traumas that I had not considered before. Now my therapy is evolving from saving me to helping me learn to deal with trauma. Honestly, there were times that I never thought I would survive but I am now hopeful.

As a victim of a profession al pedophile from 10-12 I believed that was my only trauma and while huge it was only the beginning of a series of traumas until I was about 19. What I did not understand before therapy is that multiple traumas build on each other causing additional and increasingly severe damage. Thus the road to full recovery may take years.

I hope this semi hopeful posts will help those at the beginning of the journey.

There is no doubt that therapy has saved me even if it has uncovered additional troubling traumas. I have been lifted out of the depths of debilitating depression and able to function but now I am learning how do deal with additional traumas that I had not considered before. Now my therapy is evolving from saving me to helping me learn to deal with trauma. Honestly, there were times that I never thought I would survive but I am now hopeful.

As a victim of a profession al pedophile from 10-12 I believed that was my only trauma and while huge it was only the beginning of a series of traumas until I was about 19. What I did not understand before therapy is that multiple traumas build on each other causing additional and increasingly severe damage. Thus the road to full recovery may take years.

I hope this semi hopeful posts will help those at the beginning of the journey.
Thank you I have recently been starting trauma counseling over the last couple months for sexual assault from the age of 6-12 and T has been really discouraging. It seems that I keep uncovering more trauma with no end in sight. But this was a nice positive note by you to keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back