• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer 33 years of not knowing what happened in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezley

Confident
Hello everyone Ill try to keep this short and sweet. I'm 33 years old and about a year and half ago everything started to bubble to the surface. I've been threw 8 jobs since then witch is highly unlike me. But in the past 6 months I started to come to the realization that I do have ptsd and supressed memories. With the help of meditation and emdr I have started to remember the beatings and the molestations. My fiance does her best to keep me going and staying positive. She truelly does her best. I also have a rescued maine coone cat that helps to keep me on schudule and grounded. I still struggle with my day to day life though. I feel alone alot. Not in the sence that no one's there. Just as no one understands me. So thus the reason I'm here. To find others that will understand the struggles and the daily battle of just trying to live after all we've been threw

Hiya @Weezley, welcome to the site. I've suffered alot of violence and abuse in my life so I know what it's like. Glad to hear you have a supportive spouse and are receiving therapy. Keep on posting, there are alot of supportive folk on here. Best wishes S3.😊

Maine Coons are such great cats - so much dog-like personality and definitely higher maintenance than the average who-needs-you sort of feline. It's great if you need something to take care of and not just something that expects the food and water and to be done with you, as so many cats do.

There is a lot of great support here and a wide variety of experience with trauma, with recovery and with life. If you are not already aware and think it would be of help to her, there is also support on this site for the supporters of PTSD sufferers that might benefit your fiance.

I hope you are able to find some understanding in these forums.

Maine Coons are such great cats - so much dog-like personality and definitely higher maintenance than the average who-needs-you sort of feline. It's great if you need something to take care of and not just something that expects the food and water and to be done with you, as so many cats do.

There is a lot of great support here and a wide variety of experience with trauma, with recovery and with life. If you are not already aware and think it would be of help to her, there is also support on this site for the supporters of PTSD sufferers that might benefit your fiance.

I hope you are able to find some understanding in these forums.
They are pretty amazing. We've had our fat boy about 8 years now. He's such a kind loving sole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone Ill try to keep this short and sweet. I'm 33 years old and about a year and half ago everything started to bubble to the surface. I've been threw 8 jobs since then witch is highly unlike me. But in the past 6 months I started to come to the realization that I do have ptsd and supressed memories. With the help of meditation and emdr I have started to remember the beatings and the molestations. My fiance does her best to keep me going and staying positive. She truelly does her best. I also have a rescued maine coone cat that helps to keep me on schudule and grounded. I still struggle with my day to day life though. I feel alone alot. Not in the sence that no one's there. Just as no one understands me. So thus the reason I'm here. To find others that will understand the struggles and the daily battle of just trying to live after all we've been threw
Hi Weezley, I am the last person to advise you as I am in the middle of this as well but I can say that the one thing I have learned is you need a good therapist to have any hope of getting through it.

Hi Weezley, I am the last person to advise you as I am in the middle of this as well but I can say that the one thing I have learned is you need a good therapist to have any hope of getting through it.
That's what the plan is for today. I started the process once and was left out to dry. I got really frustrated and gave up but today my fiance is going to talk to my primary doctor and get a recemendation. It's the bull head in me that fights the process some times. Self sabotage at its finest. I hope your finding a good path to go down david. I know most of us are good people that were dealt a crap hand. I know there's happiness for us all somewhere.

Hello. I don't post much lately.. But you'll find this site full of information about PTSD. Welcome! I was diagnosed 4 years ago, already, and have learned a lot here. So, you're in the right place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back