• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

ED Accountability (eating)

Been thinking about what I need from this thread. Sorry if I’m making it too personal.

Please can people not talk about actual types of food. If you want to talk about meals there’s another thread that covers that.

I need this to be safe so I don’t start panicking about what others are eating or what I should be eating.

Sorry. I feel bad for having to write this.

Been thinking about what I need from this thread. Sorry if I’m making it too personal.

Please can people not talk about actual types of food. If you want to talk about meals there’s another thread that covers that.

I need this to be safe so I don’t start panicking about what others are eating or what I should be eating.

Sorry. I feel bad for having to write this.
It's ok to have needs and to voice those needs. 😊 We're all in different stages of recovery.

What would be helpful for me is to also know what responses you DO find helpful for you, as well as those you don't.

Sorry if my initial reply was unknowingly triggering for you. 💕

What would be helpful for me is to also know what responses you DO find helpful for you, as well as those you don't.
Golden ticket question. I *think* I’m going to panic if people talk about specific food.

I went through a stage where I could literally only eat oatmeal, but now the texture of it in my mouth has become a problem, so I can’t think of it or eat it anymore (in fact even typing this makes me feel quite sick. Sigh.)
Sorry if my initial reply was unknowingly triggering for you. 💕
It wasn’t. Please don’t apologise.

This is my first thread outside of my diary for over a year I think. Everything feels a bit strange and difficult. But I have to try to engage to stop avoiding everything and get closer to some kind of recovery instead of the forever waiting period I seem to have dumped myself into.

But I have to try to engage to stop avoiding everything and get closer to some kind of recovery instead of the forever waiting period I seem to have dumped myself into.
You're doing a great job with this. And I really hear where you're coming from. I'm myself still trying to work up the nerve to start posting in my diary again...starting anything new is hard.

I ate two meals today, which is better than the one that I typically default to. Am trying to regularize eating as well, and also working towards recognizing it as ok to do something supportive for myself. Self-care is not my strong suit. I'll check in again tomorrow. Hope to see you, too.

Back