• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone experience with Bupropion?

Wellbutrin made me calmer/less agitated- but it took a couple months to kick in. Part of the process was going off prozac (10 pounds in 30 days!!!) for a month to let it get cleaned out of my system before starting the wellbutrin.

That's a big problem I've found with trying multiple things - if you don't get it out of your system then you are just dumping one drug on top of another and for me that never ends well LOL
Woow that's a lot! I picked this med myself because I didn't want any side effects with my weight. I haven't taken any medication, I have oxazepam but I didn't take it because I already thought it might be a better idea to just be 'clean' when I start with this med. I feel pretty anxious when I'm taking the medication still but overall it is not worse than it was before taking the meds.

I was on a cocktail of Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and Trazodone for a couple of years. I asked for something that wouldn't affect my weight as well (I understand many antidepressants cause weight gain).

I had zero side effects that I'm aware of, but I was also experiencing night terrors and insomnia (possibly linked, but insomnia could have been the Wellbutrin). I also experienced a lot of weight loss after going on it, but I don't know if that was due to the medication (curbing of appetite can be a side effect for some) or if it was due to the anxiety (I had trouble keeping food down or wanting to eat for several months). I also started exercising to replace the pain with a different type of pain, so there are a lot of factors that could explain the dramatic weight loss (not just appetite suppressant of Wellbutrin). The Trazadone helped me fall asleep and stay asleep without any side effects.

Back