• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Anyone here who suspects a genetic aspect to their anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read “The Body Keeps the Score” ? Might be a good read. Best to you on your journey.💕
Just want to add one thing I read about and I believe for me is true. Trauma affects the brain neurologically. I was diagnosed with fibro. I hurt everywhere. The first thing he said was,” “Have you gone through any trauma in your life”? I said yes. He said 100% of his fibro patients respond in the affirmative. That began my journey. For me my research and reading and working on skills has led me to believe the research on trauma affecting the brain. That is why I suggested “ The Body Keeps the Score”. Of course medication is important if needed
and prescribed by an M.D. . I am doing well when I could work on this effectively. I found EMDR administered by a professional very helpful. Best to you on discovery. Also it is true we pattern in ourselves learned behavior.

Just want to add one thing I read about and I believe for me is true. Trauma affects the brain neurologically. I was diagnosed with fibro. I hurt everywhere. The first thing he said was,” “Have you gone through any trauma in your life”? I said yes. He said 100% of his fibro patients respond in the affirmative. That began my journey. For me my research and reading and working on skills has led me to believe the research on trauma affecting the brain. That is why I suggested “ The Body Keeps the Score”. Of course medication is important if needed
and prescribed by an M.D. . I am doing well when I could work on this effectively. I found EMDR administered by a professional very helpful. Best to you on discovery. Also it is true we pattern in ourselves learned behavior.
Forgot, I mention this as it seems you said it started around the time your father passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back