• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Natural Disaster Attention floridians & surrounding areas: take irma seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're ok. Power is still out and when I reported it they said it was out since 2am. It's now almost noon. They said Duke Energy was working in the hurricame to keep power on so not sure what happened that's it"s still out. When I reported it they said that my specific outage that over 700 people were effected. I am so many more are without power.

I took some video of the damage (draining my phone battery like an idiot). So, you can watch that if you want. I need to get off the internet in a bit and save the 30% left I have of my phone battery. Have NO IDEA what to do to keep myself busy.

Apparently 3 transformers in this neighborhood exploded or blew up. Part of 1-4 got ripped in half, I was told, so there's only 1 lane & Duke Energy is having trouble getting temp back up generators here so we remain w/o power. If I can't find a way to charge my phone I won't be on here for a bit. My car cig lighter doesn't work. I may go out searching for a gas station open where I can charge it or just go to my job & see if I can charge it there and also see if I can find and charge portable chargers.

But I 1-4 being ripped in half? Wow!

Stood at the WAWA charging my phone for 2 hrs. It's apparently the only place open and hundreds of people in there and 10 of us were charging phones. This is ridiculous! It wasn't that bad! Anyway, power is still off so I will pop on for a few mins and then turn my phone off but I was going nuts just sitting here. Sadly they didn't have a portable charger. Battery is already down to 88%. UGH! Chopper did amazing though and may have to go back later tonight to charge it for the night. It's f*cking hot and I pass out from heat. If I need to we will all camp out in the car off and on for the AC.

Anyway, just wanted to update.

ETA: Annnd the battery powered clock doesn't work. Ugh! So the only way I know the time is to turn on my phone. I have so many candles in here it looks like some weird ritual lol. I hate this! So hot and sticky!

Last edited:
Oh, and to add, the battery powered clock I bought won't work. It takes a 9V battery. I bought a two pack. It will only go in one way and it's not working. I took out a dying 9V from my smoke alarm cuz it was beeping & I couldn't stop it & so not sure if its the wrong size but I can't find that one by candle light. I didn't know 9V came in different sizes but it says 9V2 on the package. The old brick Trac phone I found of my step mom's I just noticed has the wrong date and time & it won't let me change it, says unregistered sim but I can't add mins, register the sim, or reset the phone as it has a pin I can't guess. So if I get my math wrong. Yeah. And then Duke Energy left me a voicemail saying we maybe out of power for a few days. So how am I gonna be able to wake up for work on Wed? UGHHHHHHH :banghead: It wasn't even that bad! Come on!

Sorry, I know this isn't my diary. I'll stop now. I'm just so f*cking bored and the neighbors are out outside SCREAMING and having a great time. Sigh! Being that I have to leave my bedroom window open.

@lostforgottensoul - I figured that what you were typing and what you were actually feeling were potentially 2 very different things.

Our state gets hit by major cyclones every other year. We're still recovering from cyclone Debbie. Sit tight, keep yourself connected as much as possible. Because it can get quite frightening when it's been a few days and power is still out and the impact on services is starting to become clear.

There's going to be a lot of very stressed and distressed people around, and that makes people do some pretty crazy things, so also keep an eye on your basic security and definitely keep Chopper close. And if you need to drive anywhere, drive safe because the roads can potentially be extremely hazardous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back