• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Bipolar Bipolar manic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I have been up all night, just about. I should have been sleeping, since I am physically ill. Instead, I just couldn't stay in bed. This just complicates all my various conditions. Now it's morning and I have a full day ahead of me. What a mess.

Maybe try to do things restfully...

More pauses between them than you would usually do, do them in a less exhausting you fashion, praise yourself for the extra effort, and/or since you are a praying type, ask the Lord to render you strength and get you safely through the day? :)

I have been up all night, just about. I should have been sleeping, since I am physically ill. Instead, I just couldn't stay in bed. This just complicates all my various conditions. Now it's morning and I have a full day ahead of me. What a mess.
Dont beat yourself up. You never asked for bipolar, you have to live with it the best you can. Let go of the shame, forgive yourself. You are living with a mental disorder cut yourself some slack. I have PTSD and cant sleep have the effn night, didnt ask for that either. So i dont beat myself up about it. Just have to learn how to get through the day...sometimes if its just an hour at a time. If you can and need a power nap. Take one for 20 mins so you can sleep tonight if mania slows down. Or maybe talk to dr and say hey this is happening i need some advice. Take care eh

I'm glad you got a good night of sleep, Changing4Best.

I haven't had a sleepless night in years, thanks mostly to the psychiatric medication that I've been on since 2011, a drug called Clozaril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back