• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cant sleep - Place to visit when you're up late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hello. Can't sleep. Woke up to turn over and decided to wake up to chip away at work. I tried to go back to sleep. Big nono

Feel like I won't be able to sleep. Talked a lot about trauma today - might be a staying up til sunrise maybe not. But it's already 10pm and I'm wondering what all the fun activities I'll be doing tonight. Sigh. And lastly I'm exhausted.

But I feel quite awake it's 10:50pm.
So very weird. This is the first I've seen this thread, and I opened it at 10:50 p.m. LOL

That's pretty early for me, but since I started working again, I try to get to bed before midnight. I usually don't have trouble getting to sleep, but *staying* asleep--or waking up and getting back to sleep--is my issue.

So it got hot here, and I had to turn on my air at night the last two because it's 78deg in my condo. I have NEVER slept better, with the cold air and blankets. Two nights of sound sleep all the way through. Fingers crossed it continues!

It's 1.37pm I tried to sleep couldn't then just cried and was wiping my nose. Tried going back to sleep but couldn't. I think my autism worker triggered me today when I was sitting on the sand drawing in it and she sat down got really close to me and was pointing her finger at me whilst having a go at me. It kinda reminds me of the rape nightmares where I was sitting on the floor. I noticed at the time I felt uneasy but I was mainly just angry with her.

You know what @Lilac98, the more you worry the less you sleep. Find something to do. Read a book, listen to music, stream a show you like.
You need to stop the ruminations and fill your head with something else. If you go here:

Theres lots of helpful stuff to read. Learn about grounding and stress cup. Those two things are endlessly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back