Christians Unite!

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I was brought up in a secular home. My parents even made me give back a small Nativity that could have hung on our tree, to my kindergarten teacher, because we didn't believe. I was just mystified, no one explained what we didn't believe to me either. I had loved all the little people and animals in it and was sad I could not have it.

I wonder if we might like to share some Christmas experiences here? I'd love to hear what pleasant ones you all would care to share. I'd love to read them.

MyPTSD Pro
I don't really have any special plans for Christmas. I don't have a church at the moment and my family isn't really religious. We are having a nice meal and exchanging gifts but that's about it. My mom used to be religious but she lost her faith. What are your plans for Christmas @Changing4Best?

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I usually plan on invitations from others. I rarely cook, folks know this, so they either bring me a plate or invite me in. I got 3 plates on Thanksgiving.

My family told me that they bought me an air purifier, a good one! It's on its way here as I write this. That's more than I expected. I will treasure that and make a lot of phone calls to family and friends. So my Christmas will be really nice.

Lionheart

Sponsor
I've been struggling a bit with depression and I found a Bible passage that I really like; it is...

Matthew 11: 28-30 NIV 28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

intothelight

My husband and I will be spending Christmas together. Strange year with no church services, no big family meals or get togethers. Will spend a quiet Christmas with plenty of phone and zoom calls. Puts into perspective what Christmas is really about, especially when you no longer take it for granted.

Phoenix Rising

Learning
how do i forgive my mother? i don't want to see her ever again but I came back to Jesus and I want to forgive her, but no contact at all

Last edited by a moderator: