• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Christians Unite!

I saw this yesterday and wanted to share it. ?

BTW - I realized that I truly am a southerner - When Joel told his joke, I knew Bubba's response before Joel noted it. ha ha

I am re-learning how to have a relationship with my Creator and trying to be a good Christian. I once had a very close relationship with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit but then I went through abuse traumas and it made things difficult for me to understand. I stopped going to him for help. Now I am going to him first and slowly rebuilding what I once had, but this time as an older and hopefully wiser, adult.

Hoping everyone has a merry and blessed Christmas. ?

? Luke 2: 1-20 ?

1577205862686.jpeg

I happened upon the tail end of a Joyce Meyer episode this morning with a really relevant message for me and I'm sure a lot of us who are on this protracted journey toward healing and finding balance in our lives. She shared that it is important to never, ever give up no matter how strong the battle might be because there will be light coming into the darkness for us. That we must hold tight to and believe that what God has said about the promises as the truth and that what the enemy says is all lies. When he tells us that we are unworthy, that our suffering will last forever, that we will never know happiness or relief, that God is a lie, etc... he is lying.

Joyce referenced 1 Peter, chapter 1: 3-9. I'm reading from the NIV and it speaks of grief and suffering in our lives for a time, of faith and joy, and of God's love for us and our salvation through Jesus Christ.

It made me think of a song from Mandisa that I'm going to share even though today seems to be more about carols and such. So maybe take a listen and hang on, things will change, and joy just might come in the morning when you least expect it.

Blessings. VB

I was blessed to happen upon a really good episode of Joyce this Morning - The Value of Experience. She talked about experiences and their value in our lives. We, sometimes, spend a great deal of time looking for the "whys" and in "fixing" situations when things go wrong for a season or when we feel lost in the desert when we should stand firm in our faith and belief in the promises while accepting comfort and protection from God. Also, that these trials are for our and/or another's benefit. ? There's a lot more, so maybe give it a watch. I find Joyce to be a good pep talker.

The Value of Experience Part 1 | Enjoying Everyday Life - Joyce Meyer Ministries

I liked these two mentions:

“Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” C. S. Lewis

Also, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - Speaks of comfort in times of trouble and the Comforter.
I including this as it's been on my mind all morning, so I had to pull it up and give it a listen or 3! Maybe it will hug someone else's heart as well. Have a blessed day! ?

Seeking support and found this tonight:

That I could find a whole life where I could breathe and exist within this music and lyrics. I pray to God to pull me away from these intrusive thoughts and flashbacks tonight, and to put my feet/soul/being on more solid ground built upon His love. ??

And -

Last edited:
Prayers answered; I'm feeling better today. Listening to a lot of praise/worship music and just feeling peaceful for a time. Wishing the same for all of you today. Blessings... VB ?

Sharing just a few titles:

We just started with an online bible teacher (pastor) at Calvary Baptist in Burbank CA. It's expository teaching. Heavy on the Old Testament Jewish context. "What would the Jewish audience have thought about what he just said"? My son met this guy and sat under him awhile.

My thing is the legalism is so dreadful and it starts right away. It's almost like they say you have to be feeling bad because you aren't good enough on the one hand but God forgives you on the other. I could go on and on about this forever but it's boring.

They (some people) like to call my position "easy believeism" it's all I can do though? I think there are biblical and practical reasons it's ok? I don't think it's outside the pale of orthodoxy and it's what it is. I can't do anything about it but pray which I do sometimes.

Point is I wanna be in church and study with my wife but I don't wanna fight about what I believe with anyone. I love the teaching.

Back