• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Christians Unite!

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I thought it would be nice to have a place where we can share things about our faith, how God has helped us in our lives and how our faith helps us too. I live alone and I often find myself talking with God. Even though I am alone, I am not lonely!

Recently I have had the pleasure of finding out that God can and will take my anxiety away when I ask Him to! This has been major for me, as I have had a lot of it. I also find that I will stir up more anxiety not long after He does this, and then I have to ask Him to take it away again.

I want us to share things about how God and our faith have helped us in this struggle with PTSD. Maybe in this way we can help one another too.

As well, we can pray for one another and maybe even arrange to have a weekly chat.

In the Bible, there are 365 verses that tell us not to fear. I figure that is a message that the Lord really wants us to get. Here is my favorite:

Isaiah 41:13New Living Translation (NLT)
13 For I hold you by your right hand—
I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.

2 Thessalonians 3:16New Living Translation (NLT) is another great verse, one for us to live by:
"16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all."

I pray for everyone on the PTSD Forum. I pray every day at 1:30PM Eastern time, USA. Please join me in prayer then, for "if two or three are gathered in His Name....," He will be there with them!

One thing that really helps me, also, is listening to a Christian radio station. There are several different types of Christian music, but I like contemporary Christian the best. The station I listen to is:

http://thejoyfm.com/ and then you can choose to listen online. I listen to the Georgia station, as it is closest to where I live. I have special speakers on my laptop, so that I get good sound quality.

From Quran:

1. Have we not expanded thee thy breast?
2. And removed from thee thy burden?
3. The which did gall thy back?
4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?
5. So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief,
6. Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

7. Therefore, when thou art free still labour hard,
8. And to thy Lord turn all thy attention.

I truly believe that not only has He kept me throughout a very dangerous life but that he kept me alive during my trauma, by sending an angel in the form of my grandma, abuela, Windela. I recall her prensence and ' hearing' not a voice aloud but a thought, more, like in her accent "don't worry baby, you're not gonna die because I'm throwing ' infinite curves at them'. And every deadly plan that they verbalized was foiled by one thing or another.

My favorite verse, besides John 3:16, is Ecclesiastes 12:14 " For God shall bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil." I truly believe that.
'Y que nos bendiga Dios' 'and may God bless us'

Based on my upbringing, I either read the King James version or the Catholic Bible :)

Proverbs 3:5-6
King James Version (KJV)
5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

“Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭29:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Back