• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coffee

I have had everything from soup to nuts. I currently have a slim Keurig that does a single cup and takes up little room on the counter. I like the pods as a single person, the best from my youth used to be percolated coffee, but gets muddy quickly if you do not drink it within 20 minutes. When I work, we have the ubiquitous coffee maker sometimes shared between three people. So I bought a $10 melitta pour over cone, some number 2 cone filters. I boil the kettle which keeps me out of the machine wars, and it brews really good and hot coffee, which quite honestly no coffee machine whether pod or drip, comes close to. When my Keurig at home dies I will switch to this. Tip for any coffee - add a few grains of salt to the basket or cup.

Also, proud Canuck that I am, I prefer Mickey D’s coffee to Tim Hortons….whether from the store ground coffee or pods. Normally dislike Starbucks anything, but use the Verona ground coffee in the north as my thermal mug is 2 cups, I use less of it than “conventional” grounds.

And of course, the number of replies you get will be the number of differing opinions, lol. I am interested to see what others think.

I would stick with the french press. People swear by it and it makes excellent coffee. The pour overs are good if the electricity goes out, but you have the best, IMHO.

So I bought a $10 melitta pour over cone, some number 2 cone filters.
Looked it up, looks good and inexpensive too
Tip for any coffee - add a few grains of salt to the basket or cup.
Thanks, I'll try it
And of course, the number of replies you get will be the number of differing opinions, lol. I am interested to see what others think.
Yes 😁
I would stick with the french press. People swear by it and it makes excellent coffee.
It does, the coffee comes out very nice, but a bit of sediment gets through still. And I've just seen this and it's not too pricey and seems to be the best of both worlds.

Also, proud Canuck that I am, I prefer Mickey D’s coffee to Tim Hortons
Funny but - when tim's changed suppliers Micky D's was on to their old supplier like a dirty shirt.....so the big M's coffee is the old Tims coffee.......

French press, Aeropress and the like are one of the best ways to make coffee. Pour over is like a ritual and takes time to do right. Coffee Makers - really vary in quality and for the same quality as your press you are looking at about $200 at least. "really good" is more than that - just look up Technivorm Mochamaster. But at that proce they are infinitely repairable and I know of people who pass them down through the family because parts never change so one they bought 50 years ago still works like new.

One of the really good things you can do is get something like an Aquasana water filter to remove chemicals and taste from your water.

Looked it up, looks good and inexpensive too

Thanks, I'll try it

Yes 😁

It does, the coffee comes out very nice, but a bit of sediment gets through still. And I've just seen this and it's not too pricey and seems to be the best of both worlds.

That looks good! Let me know how you like it!

Sorry, I realise I'm too good at forgetting about my threads or not being able to find my words and then forgetting. I do apologise

One of the really good things you can do is get something like an Aquasana water filter
I use a filter jug, am in rental accommodation so installing a filter isn't for me but the jug does us well
What did I tell you, lol! And then there is this :
It says the video is private?
That looks good! Let me know how you like it!
Thanks, I've not bought one yet, thinking about it tho 🙂

Oh interesting. It is youtube “Cooking at Pam’s Place” how to make coffee, It showed in the post when I first linked it. I never understand social media stuff but there ya go.

@DharmaGirl I didn't get the clever dripper in the end, bought a Hario Switch instead, which is pretty similar to be fair. I love it. Love how you get the best of both worlds, percolation as well as immersion. I do a bloom at the beginning to get the acid then steep for 4 minutes for depth of flavour. Delicious.

Back