• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
where the court finds in your favor but the results don’t match the outlay

Yes!! There is a saying in legal circles.. 'lawyers will fight for your principals to the bottoms of your pocket'. Sad but true and learned from a lived experience.. so don't go hunting down another lawyer until you know exactly why the administrative ruling went the way it did. Your lawyer isn't just giving up bc they're feeling lazy.. there is a reason and you need to find out exactly what it is and where you stand.

ps. :sorry: not all lawyers are like the saying... but it's good to remember that before considering litigation.

As for your house - absolutely agree with @IceQueencop - first stop is the bank! There are so many options that will keep you in your home aside from foreclosure so explore them all.

Hey sorry everyone, I just saw these notifications. There hasn’t been too much of an update. I still haven’t been able to get in touch w my work comp lawyer. As far as the mortgage, have a meeting tomorrow about it to see what our options really are. My other 2 court cases are moving forward and wanted therapy notes...even the car accident that wasn’t my fault so odd.

I’m not confident w the bank bc they’ve been really unhelpful. Also the house isn’t in my name it’s in my dad’s, it’s a long story but basically it had to do w getting me out of somewhere bc I had a mental breakdown and he probably took on a house he shouldn’t have. I know we have some fault in this.

Anyways, I appreciate the advice. After tomorrow I’ll try to see what we can do w the bank and see again what happened in court. I have decided I don’t want to continue w the work comp case past what it is, it’s been 2 years and I’m tired, and I have 2 other lawsuits. I guess I’m just disappointed bc I thought things would work out fairly and I hate being that naive.

@Kopykat - obviuosly I don’t have as much info on your work comp case as your Atty does, but sadly, a lot of times the work comp insurers just drag things out to see if you will give up. So, I’m sorry to hear that you are giving up.
Regarding the house, keep in mind that it’s cheaper for the bank to keep you in the house then go through the foreclosure process. Do it’s in their interest to work something out with you, even if they would rather not.
Be careful about giving up your therapy notes for a car accident. Do they really tie together? If you said something about the accident in therapy that supports what you are saying happened, then maybe it works to your benefit, but if not, they are on a fishing expedition. If it doesn’t relate it shouldn’t be part of the case. But again, listen to your lawyer.

Best, IQC

the work comp insurers just drag things out to see if you will give up.

^^True! Absolutely on the mark! It is so incredibly wrong, unfair and inhumane the way they add to the problem by doing this and they keep getting away with this bc it works. People do get so tired and it just seems easier to stop and it is ...but the anxiety, stress and unfairness of it all remains long after the litigation has stopped.

@Kopykat - I hope the meeting with the bank is productive.

I still haven’t been in touch w my work comp attorney, I’m going to call her supervisor again next week. I need to be more aggressive w getting answers it seems. I’m not totally giving up but I am done w this law firm as I feel they’re done w me.

The meeting for the house went so so, they suggested applying for a different mortgage( didn’t get approved), and possibly selling before foreclosure which is probably what we will do.

Selling before foreclosure is a good idea.

Work comp attorneys should only get paid if they get a settlement, so feel free to fire your attorney! Send a letter telling them how you feel about your representation and that you are firing them, so they have no expectation or entitlement to any win you get!

Work comp attorneys should only get paid if they get a settlement, so feel free to fire your attorney!

True.. however beware of the dreaded disbursement exenses plus Court costs and worse... defendant's costs.

Are you free and clear of any debt from them. The doors of the Court do not swing open unless someone has paid those Court costs.. was that you?

I haven’t paid court costs yet. I called again yesterday saying I really need to know what’s going on as I received our official eviction notice yesterday. And if there’s a settlement at all, just so I can try to figure out some sort of plan...which I have no idea. There’s a chance of homelessness. Really overwhelmed

@Kopykat - you are dealing with a lot!

Find a real estate agent to try to get your house sold before the bank does it! You might have some equity in the house to help you stay afloat for a bit.

If you are really struggling financially check with you county for financial assistance with food and medical care.

Best,
IQC

I got notice today that I have to do a deposition for the opposing counsel 2 weeks from today.

Also had to take my dog into the emergency vet, they said he’s in Ketoacidosis.

Not sure about the house anymore. Feel like I’m shutting down.

@Kopykat - I know having that deposition hanging over your head is tough (been there), but it won’t be as bad as you are anticipating and once it’s over it will be behind you.
Sorry to hear about your dog. It’s so hard when our pets are suffering. Hugs.

IQC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back