• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cymbalta Switched To Generic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried generic for 6 weeks and it didn't work as well as the Cymbalta and my doctor said to dispense as written.
If your doctor is saying 'dispense as written', then the odds are good that you'll be able to get it covered, still. Your co-pay might go up a tier.

There is paperwork. Two different forms that your prescriber will need to fill out. Gather your doc's info (name, address, fax number, phone number) and call express scripts and tell the first person you are routed to that you need to take a name brand for medical reasons, and you need to talk to the people who can get the process started. They'll likely give you another number to call, do that, and just explain the situation.

You don't need to go into detail with them about why you need the name-brand. Just keep saying that you are unable to take the generic for medical reasons and your doctor wants you on brand. Get them to send the forms to your doc, and then follow up with your doc - make sure they understand it's two different forms. One will give the medical reason, the other is just the request. Both forms need to be renewed once per year.

Ask me how I know... :O_o:

Seriously though - it's kind of stressful, and you'll need to say the same thing over and over, but you should be able to get what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back