• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does this count as trauma?

I've been trying to process my va evaluation. The lady was super nice. I think I kinda checked out while talking about iraq. She had this big pamphlet for us to go thru. But we only made it a couple pages in and then she started filling it out for me and cut the evaluation short. I told her there was more but she said that she had heard enough and stopped the evaluation. Idk. I did my best not to cry and was able to stop the tears. Idk.

My va evaluation is at 530. I'm stuck. If my brother wasn't taking me I doubt that I would go.
I’ve never gone.

I did mercenary shit, after discharge, which normalizes the idea of NOT counting on your country to take care of you (like they do in the UK/AU/Most other first world countries except the US… and Denmark, Switzerland, etc. that mostly use mercenaries & as such are due “nothing” beyond what the avg citizen is dire… which is still more than the US grants it’s vets. ).

I never even claimed my GI Bill benefits. Just because? I. Could. Not. Handle. The. VA.

You did.

Hell yeah. Good on.

As a solo-indivudal you took on a country whose motto is “When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed… overnight.” And did battle with it.

I am always AWED by the people who attempt it.

That’s no small feat.

Good on.

All you can do is be honest. It's hard I know cause you trigger yourself when talking about stuff. My therapist told me just be honest when I had my psych report done and yeah rambling has got to be in there for PTSD cause the lady evaluating me didn't think I was crazy. She pretty much came to the conclusion that I have been through a lot and that would make sense why I'm suffering from PTSD and thats what her diagnosis was. So rambling I don't think is going to hurt your evaluation. In fact it might only help confirm you have PTSD. Good luck.

Back