• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Ex Made Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for a little background about me. I have read quite a few posts over the last few months and everyone is extremely helpful and compassionate. I wish I found this site earlier. I started dating a very sweet girl a few months ago. We do have an age difference, but We had a wonderful beginning and spent almost every night together talking for a few months. She has been diagnosed with ptsd and had also been told she was developing some other issues involving a kidnapping and sexual assault. She had always been upfront with me about her past and what she went through. She stopped going to therapy because she didn't like the therapist. She very intelligent and surprisingly independent. I believe she thinks she Understands the diagnosis and can deal with it herself. Everything's not her eyes. was great with only a few minor issues with anxiety and one cutting incident. One day she just sent me a text that she was moving in 3 months and didn't think we should see each other anymore. She refused to tell me why or talk to me. She just keeps telling me i did nothing wrong and I was great to her. Yet, I seem to trigger anger when I ask any questions. I know I did the wrong thing and pushed her at first. She asked me to leave her alone and I did. We had very minimal texts and she usually became angry quickly if I did. We have run into each other a couple of times recently but not talked (I do feel like she is trying to find me). Just a wave and a hello from a distance is all. She recently sent me a random text that said "I miss you." I told her I miss her too. She did contact me a few days later to ask about something she thought she left at my place. We had a few brief texts but she seemed to want to see me. So I asked if she wanted to meet. She seemed to get irritated and told me doesn't think we can be friends in that way. I told her I truly just wanted to see how she was doing. I do get concerned about her well being (she has a blog that had some recent very dark posts and I know she has had suicidal thoughts). I still care deeply for her as a person and miss her very much. I have no idea how to proceed. Should I just leave her be or keep some minimal contact. I would like to know she's ok and try and find out if she is getting help. I feel like she wants to talk, but I get confused and all seem to say the wrong thing.

She may be in flight mode, trying to run from everything. That's the first thing that comes to mind given that she's moving soon.

I think you may just have to follow her lead at this point. Treatment sounds like it could help her, but mentioning treatment could drive her away.

I wish there was a simple answer to this question. While we seem to share a number of symptoms, the relationship situations are unique and often pretty murky. It does sound like your ex is conflicted, you're right. It sounds as though she is making efforts to reach out to you. She has also made it clear that when you initiate a conversation, she gets agitated. You don't know how she is going to feel in a month or a year, so I would work on the premise that she wants to be alone. Waiting for someone to come back - physically or emotionally - when you have no idea if they ever will come back can only hurt you. You need to move on... :(

Just for a little background about me. I have read quite a few posts over the last few months...
Here's my advice as I love my guy very much and often withdraws from me from time to time but I know he loves me just by the things he says at times. So I say give her. Her space. Let her come to you when she's ready. It hurts I know I'm hurting right now because I go thru the same thing right now, but I pas I told him, I'm here for the long haul and will remain here. He us my life, and I take him for the good and trying times, but hey that is what real love is all about
Hang in there

I truly appreciate the comments. She Mentioned that many of the thoughts and feelings she had told me, she had never even thought about telling anyone else and that she felt safe for the first time in along time with me. I'm not sure what she wants or thinks of me, but I think that's why she makes some contact. I have made up my mind to let her be and deal with herself. It's just tough when I start to move on and she pops back up in my life, even if it's just a text. This forum has helped me sort out the confusion and understand what she's dealing with in her world. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back