• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Favorite "you tube university" videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Your soul's gonna have answers you can't see." Word!

Hence the hindrance and hurdles in trying to share worked(s)-for you/me answers with others, most especially those who intensely insist on evidence and proof and peer reviewed studies and such. ? That's a whole lot of energetic current-see spent that can't be recovered.

Loved the comfort bubble/laughter/crying dialogue. My body has chosen to expand in too many different ways as of late. Trying to reel it in. lol But there again, it's been a direct result of my choices that continually wrestle with circumstance. Can't seem to let go of that damn ego - then come the tornadic thoughts to stir shit up - and off we go.

Thanks so much for sharing! Gonna check out some more of his stuff.

Mushrooms fascinate and nourish me in so many ways. I really enjoyed this informational video:

I haven't watched it yet, but as soon as you mentioned mushrooms, I thought of Paul Stamets, have you heard of him? He is a brilliant Canadian mycologist. We have a couple of his books and have watched him on Ted talks. One of his books is Growing Gourmet and medicinal mushrooms. I love it! We want to cultivate mushrooms, but struggle in this climate/environment as molds get in to the substrate and contamine them. We need a sterile, contained environment. Anyway thanks for the vid link @Tornadic Thoughts :-). I will watch it now.

Yes! I love him, too, @mumstheword . Thanks for reminding me of him. :) We've grown shiitakes on logs outdoors, but never tried indoors. I have a friend who is currently trying to come up with an indoor growing scenario, but she talked about how involved it is. She wasn't kidding! But, wow, what a rewarding venture to embark upon, for sure.

Like a big ol' breath of much needed fresh air, this came along. A friend shared this today and I've only watched the first one in the series of 4, so far. The photography, videography, the energies, and the knowledge shared will definitely have me coming back to watch the others, as well:

"I want to share my enthusiasm of watching how plants respond to human care and nurturing, and to convey that enthusiasm through my camera, and motivate people to get back to the garden to connect with nature and re-discover how amazingly enriching it actually IS.

When I began the journey, a whole new world opened for me. When my body is grounded and I am eating food that I have grown myself, I really and truly enter another state of wellbeing…and THAT´s the journey I want to share."

I really dig Dr. Joe's insightful experience/knowledge all across the board, pretty much. This video was a recent reminder I needed to hear:

He's helped unscramble my brain and nervous system on multiple occasions - and I learned a local acquaintance trained with him for more than 500 hours. Discussions with her are so enriching.

His personal healing story is amazing within itself. Grateful to have learned of him, then crossed paths with one of his students in my own 'hood. Happenstance can sometimes be a damn good friend.

I decided to try out the therapy pool again (been about a decade or so since my last go at it). They're only allowing 3 people at a time in the pool by appointment only - and the hubby joined and goes with me this time - YAY!!! - and the time of day we go isn't very popular with others, it seems - double YAY!!!

That means less (or no) folks in the locker rooms and less chances of stank bombs from their toxic-to-me products. I'm allowed to use the family and/or the PT locker rooms rather than the typical one, so that helps greatly limit exposure, too. It feels much less "yucky" overall, both in and out of the pool.

But anyway, it's been so much fun re-learning gentle movements to help our bodies feel less pain and get more flexible (knock on wood) and having extra hang time with the hubby. So far, we've had it to ourselves more often than not.

These are some of the vids I've been watching to get ideas and guidance:

This takes me back to when I was invited to dance within the sacred circle at a Monacan Pow Wow many years ago. What an honor and great experience that was. Looking for more fun ways to purposely move each day and found this. I need to make some smaller hoops for the hoop dances, though...

I watch a lot of YouTube but my helpful videos are about fixing things mostly or not trying, for instance. I have a leaking temptrol shower valve downstairs that went from dripping to leaking. I heard it was easy enough, then I watched the YouTube and I was like ah, no. I’ll let the plumber do thi one.

I don’t seek out videos on my mental state or myPTSD and I don’t know how this could be but, I feel like I never thought of it till now. Good thread.

The Wired for Healing book I'm currently reading addresses the limbic system of the brain in some really fascinating ways.

This Khan Academy video also describes the limbic system. I think I may have shared this before. It feels familiar. May the repetition help my brain digest and benefit from the information...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back