• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Fighters Not Quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah? Her writing didn't have a tone to it?....Come on....I was just giving what she was...and explaining myself.
You can't say whatever you want and then hide behind that "right to express" crap....I didn't like what she wrote...it hurt my feelings and I can't belive it didn't hurt other peoples on here. I am not going to just sit around and agree with everyone because it's like the cool thing to do....and I won't stir up people feathers....

It's how I feel....:thumbs-up

I will have to agree with Emoxx on this issue. I too was offended by Claire's original post. It took everything I had NOT to be ruder than I was. This is said and I am not having ANY symptoms at all lately, and her post still irritated me when I read it.

It is not whether anyone agrees or not that is an issue. How you express yourself in a community is. These are directed at Claire and not in a nice manner. Claire did not direct her post at any one person or single them out nor posted it in someone's thread that is having current issues. While many did not agree entirely with Claire, self included, the general responses were conducted in an adult fashion. The last couple have not been. That is the issue here guys. You can disagree and do have a right to post your opinion but you will not post in the fashion that has been demonstrated.

So it offended some, it hurt feelings. Now why can't you just say that instead of telling them watch what they read then? How about pointing out why you feel this way and try to make a convincing sell to her?

Here I will give an example of the right way as many others did already...

"Claire, this post is offensive to me and is hurtful. Why would you have a problem or be bothered by those with the weight of PTSD on their shoulders coming to a forum designed for and by a PTSD sufferer to vent and let this out? Isn't it better we express our pain and get help from those who have been there? What are you thinking??"

Now was that hard? Did my statement agree with her in any form or fashion? I even added some good emotion to the end to really give it some life! And I am willing to bet my adult line of questioning would render an adult response.

I will also strongly advise when an editor is here doing their job they not be responded to in the same immature fashion they are trying to correct. Final warning as I am posting as an editor at the moment as bec was trying to do earlier.

If I said that then you could quote me. Since I didn't... Thank you Wendy for understanding our editorial policy and not taking it personally. Emoxx I would suggest you read the editorial policy as you have been warned already and we won't just pass out warnings until we are blue in the face, that is how people get put back in moderation. The only underlying "threat" would be to close this thread and you have managed to push it that far.

I have read this for the first time, now its closed, and I must agree that you stepped over the line emox. Everything you said was your opinion until your last line, being the one veiled mentioned as an issue, "Or maybe you should follow what you wrote and watch what you read....eh?" That is an attack towards the thread creator, not your opinion as was the majority of your post.

I call a spade a spade, a duck a duck. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, chances are its a duck. Forum editors call it as they see it, and veiled's comments I absolutely agree with. Your last statement emox was an attack towards to thread creator, and not called for. This is what veiled and bec are both pointing out too you, as I am also now. If any one of us editors are wrong, as we all are at times, then we are told it. We can't always see when we're wrong, and often we need to be told.

Emox, your wrong on this issue. If you didn't include the last line of your post, there would have been no issue with your statement / opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back