• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Frustrated with new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to do that maybe next week.
Ok, so probably not. I realized that if there is any risk of my losing the job because I requested flex time, it really isn't worth it. I just can't afford it right now.

Ever since they confirmed the 3-days today, I've been in tears.

Asking for flex time is asking a question.
It's not a sackable offence.
It's merely asking a question.

It's wortj asking, given that you are so stressed with the thought of 3 days a week.

What would you like?
Sometimes coming up with the solution helps.

Also, asking in an email sometimes helps, rather than talking. Particularly if it is something we hold emotionally.

Asking for flex time is asking a question.
It's not a sackable offence.
It's merely asking a question.

It's wortj asking, given that you are so stressed with the thought of 3 days a week.

What would you like?
Sometimes coming up with the solution helps.

Also, asking in an email sometimes helps, rather than talking. Particularly if it is something we hold emotionally.
I have worked in places before where asking for something special gets you on a list. I know because I was lower management at my last job, and the manager targeted people who made requests like that, and while they didn't get fired (right away), they were made miserable until they were.

Although this company is pretty good about being flexible with people, they are also VERY invested in everyone working onsite. I'm not sure why, except they are a multi-billion dollar company and own huge office and warehouse space all over the world, so I suspect it has to do with money (doesn't everything?).

I had a beyond-awful day, so I think I will send my email tomorrow anyway. I tweaked it a bit, but...well, I just can't do this 3 days a week.

Thanks, @Movingforward10 - I appreciate your response.

How are you now, whiteraven? Your silence allows us to assume different scenarios. I hope everything worked out for you.
Oh, thank you for asking! I have been working from home since around mid-March. I told them I'd go in for events and volunteer stuff, but I've only gone in once, I think. I think I've proved my value (although I think always about being fired--my job is with a temp agency, but this company hires a lot of contractors, and some have been there for years), esp. in being able to lighten some of my co-workers load. I don't love it, but it really is a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back