• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Gender Now Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I wasn't suggesting to change this to a gay forum or anything involving gays.

Well, then... I guess I'll bid my farewells... Part of my trauma is gender related and seeing what you have to say involving that makes me not feel welcome here. Could you please delete my trauma diary? I'm sorry to have caused you troubles. I guess I don't belong anywhere after all.

Good bye.

Kat

Kat, I do understand your hurt by Anthony not agreeing with you, however it is not necessary to be in agreement over everything in order to have a good experience upon this forum. I doubt anyone here is saying your trauma is less important because it is partially gender related. I am not certain if you are yet aware, but one of the philosophies of this forum is that it matters not how one has developed PTSD, and thusly, people are not placed in categories based on the type of trauma endured. My family and I have found this to be a good thing, as Evie's trauma does not really fit a specific category. She would not be here if such categories existed, and that would be a great tragedy for us, considering the benefits the whole family has derived here.

Perhaps you simply need to step back for a while and ponder, before making any drastic decisions. I have noticed you have been on the forum quite a lot considering you are relatively new, and have done some very intense work in your diary. Everyone does require breaks now and then. I know my Evie gets very upset and misunderstands the words and intentions of others if she has been on here too much. A break does her good, and I have a feeling it will do you good as well.

Shinigami_Shimai said:
I wasn't suggesting to change this to a gay forum or anything involving gays.
Kat, whilst your not trying to stamp gay on the forum, your attempting to stand out, your attempting to want specific appreciation for a unique component of yourself, your life even. Won't happen here whilst I own this forum. As Kathy stated, this forum does not and will not categorize people. We are about PTSD, not sexes. If you are physically born with a penis and virgina, as I clearly stated, I know you would feel more one or the other, which derives your sex here for simply choosing the male or female icon. This is not rocket science, and this exact requirement to cause a unique stamp upon the forum is what I will not bow. It is scientifically studied and conclusive that all transexuals feel more one or the other. Very simple to me, and I will not make an exclusive club here for any type of categorization outside of PTSD. If your talking mental interpretation, being your born female yet feel male, then you are still a female because you don't have a penis. Simple ha?
Shinigami_Shimai said:
Well, then... I guess I'll bid my farewells... Part of my trauma is gender related and seeing what you have to say involving that makes me not feel welcome here. Could you please delete my trauma diary? I'm sorry to have caused you troubles. I guess I don't belong anywhere after all.
As stated in my PM to yourself, I own the information once posted and will not delete it for any member simply becoming upset. I make no secret of this and every member agrees to this by registering and posting here as acknowledgement of our legal disclaimer. No secrets here.

I never stated above that any person is not welcome because of sex. I don't care what sex a person is, gay, straight or bi-sexual, don't care. You either have PTSD, you are a friend or carer of someone with PTSD, your a professional within the PTSD / trauma field. Again, anyone outside that scope is not welcome here. I believe you fit firmly within that scope because you have PTSD, so please stop being a drama queen thanks and desiring special attention for your low self esteem. I deal with this day in, day out, and your low self esteem is nothing new to me nor others here. Its part of PTSD, its part of being emotionally beaten for a duration / entire life.

Now, if you want to heal your PTSD, then maybe stop making an issue from something that is not PTSD related, and get on with healing and learning how to manage PTSD. Your trauma itself has nothing to do with trying to stamp it upon this forum, and your trauma will be dealt with and acknowledged uniquely for you, and not stamped across the forum. Females here who have PTSD from being raped do not get a special little female icon with other symbol to denote they have been raped. Those who got PTSD from serving within the military do not get a little symbol to denote active service history, etc etc etc....

Your trying to use your trauma as a reason here for topic, which is unique to you, and should not be discussed nor even connected to this type of conversation regarding a little gender icon. Lets be honest here, you want to stamp the forum, and that is what I see. You want to stamp "gender neutral" upon the forum, and it won't happen, simple as that. That is like people who get offended by the logo, and have requested I change it. I don't care what others like or dislike about the forum, you joined it, not the forum joined you. Please live with this simple fact.

Again Kat, if you have PTSD, your are a carer or friend of someone with PTSD, or a professional surrounding the field, your welcome here. Simple. Please DO NOT confuse your unique trauma with anything that is "forum wide" here, becaue the two DO NOT go together. Everyones trauma is unique, everyones trauma WILL be treated that way, and every person is / will be given that respect here as deserved. So if your finished with this dead end subject, and you want to heal your PTSD uniquely, you want to learn how to manage your PTSD, then lets cut the gender neutral forum stamping out and get on with doing what this forum does best ha!

Ugh well I feel like I've indirectly caused this whole incident because of my comment on gender and meeting a trans person in hospital. Maybe if I hadn't said anything none of this would have happened. :wall:

You did nothing, Evie. You asked a question and got a short simple answer that worked for you. All this other stuff is not you.

As veiled said Evie. This topic is a legitimate topic, one which can and should be discussed, however; it is simply veered slightly to be used as a focus in relation to a persons trauma, which should always be kept uniquely from any other aspect of this forum.

I do not base this forum on my trauma, as an instant example, so you don't see camouflage and military all over this forum, which would personalise it to my trauma. Same thing with gender orientation in regard to relating to one's trauma, it won't happen, politically correct or not, won't happen. Trauma remains unique to each person.

The question you raised was done so not in relation to your trauma, and was a question of concern, which was clearly answered. Now however, a person wanting such action because it is related to "their" trauma believes it should occur. No longer is the topic independent of trauma, but not personal for a stamp of personal approval onto the forum. If I allowed that, then I should have removed the logo long ago, maybe stamped some camouflage round, guns to suit others, maybe rapist being strung up and hung to suit others, etc etc....

You did nothing wrong Evie, and I think we all appreciate independent questions and conversation here.

I'm sorry I caused a fuss... I really wasn't trying to suggest a change, just that Batgirl was right about some people feeling then belonged in a 3rd gender and it might be something to think about later. I didn't think or want it to go this far. I'm sorry. The discussion turned out to be a major trigger for me and I end up defencive in the end. I'm sorry. This was honestly not my intent.

jaa ne

Kat

Kat, I think you found a lot of yourself in our private discussion, and that is already a good start for you. Your not the first, nor will be the last person that comes here thinking they must prove themselves. The simple component of this forum is that nobody has to prove themselves, you are simply accepted for being you. We really are that simple here. Your sexual preference / gender orientation is accepted immediatly, not debated, nor must be proved. You have PTSD and that is what matters. You want support, and as any other, you deserve and warrant it.

It really is that easy here. We just accept, and that is what is promoted here. I am not interested in people wanting to be hateful or disrespectful of others intentionally... though we all do it with PTSD in check, though a simple apology is often done afterwards admitting fault. Hell, we all do that one, especially with PTSD.

Your doing just fine Kat, and now your looking inward your going to begin learning more about yourself faster. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back