• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Genes in children linked to stress, bipolar disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
Genetic alterations that can be modulated by stress have been identified in children at high risk for bipolar disorder, according to a recently published study by researchers at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). Results appeared in Translational Psychiatry, a Nature Publishing Group journal.
QRolF3cwPWg

Dead Link Removed

Epigenetics, yeah? Isn't this also the thinking behind the biological effects of intergenerational trauma?

I feel certain I was kinda screwed from utero. Everything that followed over the next 18 years just built on that craptastic foundation. PTSD was no certainty, but my problematic gestation couldn't have helped.

Seems like a double whammy alright. Inherited BPD tendencies get exacerbated by having a BP parent.

I keep telling myself there has to be some survival advantage to this sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back