Getting a Service Dog.

@Kimberly Williams - rather than search the internet may I suggest you seek out the services of a health professional working in the fields of disability that the dog may be able to work with ppl in. They may know where reputable service dog providers are in your State and possibly even assist you to approach them & find out information that you need.

I'd be a little wary of thinking you require one breed type and only one. It's true there are established breeds with a good reputation but depending on what the dogs role will be in your home there may be other suitable breeds and mixes.

I'm in Aus., so cannot help with USA.

But good luck I hope your search is successful.

@Kimberly Williams - rather than search the internet may I suggest you seek out the services of a health professional working in the fields of disability that the dog may be able to work with ppl in. They may know where reputable service dog providers are in your State and possibly even assist you to approach them & find out information that you need.

I'd be a little wary of thinking you require one breed type and only one. It's true there are established breeds with a good reputation but depending on what the dogs role will be in your home there may be other suitable breeds and mixes.

I'm in Aus., so cannot help with USA.

But good luck I hope your search is successful.
Thanks I appreciate your help

I've up'd the games... we're now into searching for toys that I'm hiding under stuff; shimmying along the floor...all around the house...balancing stuff - she'll actually extend out her nose to allow me to put things on it lol...

But we got a nasty fright tonight. Walking in the rain.... minding our own business, when I saw a rather large dog leading it's owner towards us. Stepped down a drive-way (street side) to allow them to pass unhindered... you know covid safe?

The owner allowed the dog to march right on over to us... The owner seemed to have no control.

K wagged her tail and backed up a bit... I backed up too - we had nowhere to to go because the road was the last place to go. Dog kept marching into our space and then tried to monster my little K. ugh... I just about jumped out of my skin and the owner yanked on the lead and pulled the dog away.

The dog started straining for more length to follow up...and the STUPID owner let it. Oh I saw red... and stood btwn K and the dog - made it clear that there'd be no more bs from that dog or it's owner.

I'm really angry - ppl who have unpredictable dogs or don't know how to handle their dogs or don't know the dogs well enough etc.. ugh.. get what I mean?

Yesterday whilst out with K a woman approached me and introduced herself as a Beagle breeder. Wow! We had such a lovely conversation and she was so impressed at K's serene disposition as we were walking around the shops.

She gave me her business card and invited me to write to her with my details bc she's forming a group for Beagle owners in my area. I'm so pleased bc she was around my age and wasn't put off by K being a two part dog. Some ppl are particularly interested in pure breeds only and that's okay but of course we don't belong to that club. 😎

Meanwhile, K and I have been upping the training sessions each afternoon/evening. Hopefully the dog club will open again soon.